Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine’s New Album ‘Lovely Little Lonely’ Is Out Now • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They been self releasing ever since Pioneer.

2. aniafc

Trusted

Yeah I mean their tour is seling really well, and their last two records haven't debuted in the top 30. I don't think they care too much about first week sales, because they know people are gonna come out to the shows and keep on supporting them

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Since Forever Halloween, Pioneer was supposed to be on the major label but they then self released through Action Theory. Now they release everything through 8123...

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah but they still self released it on their own? Like they did all the work themselves including the recording and all.

5. DearCory

Regular

LOVING this album... some major 90s ala Third Eye Blind vibes with a little 1975 sprinkled in at times

jorbjorb and ConArdist like this.
  6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

It's so rad! I just missed them. Forever Halloween had a couple of gems, this album is stacked. Funny a scene kid like me just got into the maine lol

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

No way! That can't be right.

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

There was an asterisk next to that fact that said - Adele. It was a joke haha

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah the self-deprecating promotion has been really great. I want to borrow the idea :crylaugh:

SEANoftheDEAD and jorbjorb like this.
  10. SPine

Trusted

First CD I've bought in a long time. Vinyl is still on the way. Pioneer will always be my favorite album of theirs but this album is perfect. I was not into American Candy at all

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

"little" is such a nice sounding track.

12. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Went to the Anaheim, CA pop up shop. Fun to see my name and my two best friends in the notes!

Mr. Serotonin and jorbjorb like this.
  13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm curious how many sales they're really missing out on. I think we're in the somewhat-rare minority of people who actually want physical CD's these days. And honestly, if every artist would provide a lossless digital copy for the same price, I would take that. I just don't want to pay $10 for a lesser-quality copy. But in general, it seems that people either want digital or they want vinyl.

I would pick up the physical CD from their site, but it's $6 for shipping which is crazy since media mail should be ~$2.50 even at normal-person pricing.

Daniel182 likes this.
  14. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

While not a perfect record, this is a damn good one. Love "Black Butterflies and Deja Vu" and "The Sound of Reverie". Also "I Only Wanna Talk to You".

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Didn't immediately grab me like American Candy did. I do really like Taxi tho.

16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Taxi and Reverie are my faves.

17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Hell yeah. I also love the bass on Lost In Nostalgia.

On subsequent listens it gets better. Really digging it now. I just hate when bands have filler (filler to me being short 45 sec ambient ish) I see a song name, I expect a song. Especially if it's the album title. But that's just me.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh...:crylaugh:

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

On shorter albums..like 10 songs or so...I agree that little short interlude tracks can be frustrating because I want more songs! But on longer albums, such as the 1975s latest, those tracks really help set the mood.

billyboatman and ConArdist like this.
  20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Listening to Amy's Back to Black on vinyl to start the day, a classic. I don't want to offend anyone, so I'll be as nice as possible; Adele doesn't have fucking shit on Amy Winehouse(RIP). "But she has a great voice." Sweet, then my piano teacher should have sold over a billion albums, too. #endrant

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

i found the interludes on 1975s album to be too long. I usually just skip them as they don't feel like an extension of a song. Really like the interludes on LLL

22. SPine

Trusted

Listened to the vinyl last night. Side B starts with Do you Remember. 5 songs on side A 7 on B. Pretty awesome.

23. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

My vinyl literally just arrived on my door step, this is gonna be good...

24. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Bought it on iTunes, went to the pop-up shop and snagged the fan thank you copy, and hoping to find a vinyl on record store day this Saturday. If not I'll order it:clap:

25. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

The epitome of a good fan right there.