Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine’s New Album ‘Lovely Little Lonely’ Is Out Now

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Maine have released their new album, Lovely Little Lonely. You can listen to it right now on all the streaming services or pick up the physical copy. The album is being self-released and self-distributed and you can also grab a copy at special popup shops today:

The CD version of our album also comes with a bonus disc that features an instrumental version of Lovely Little Lonely.

This album was created and released independently by you. This means, we will not be in traditional retail stores.

The band are also currently out on tour and you can grab tickets here.

Our thanks to The Maine for sponsoring Chorus this week.

2. reesy

And it is absolute gold, front to back!

jorbjorb and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

aoty so far for me.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. schackbr

Regular

album is fantastic. this band is so good.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Very, very great album. I like this way more than I expected I would.

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Just finished my first listen of this and it's pretty good. Definitely some '90s alternative influences sprinkled in and I like the short interlude tracks.

Awksome likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This record underwhelmed me, personally. I probably just need to accept they will never make a record like Pioneer again.. which is a huge shame in my opinion. Only songs that have really stood out to me are; "Black Butterflies and deja vu" and "I Only Wanna Talk To You".

Oh well. Maybe it'll grow on me?

Chris Prindle, BigMouth and Brent like this.
  8. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Glad to hear all the positive feedback. I hope I get mine pretty soon here. I pre-ordered like 2 months ago.

I also hope that I get that bonus disc. That would be schweet. I wanna get schwifty.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm enjoying this album quite a bit. More than I expected to. Haven't really dug one of their albums since the debut. Thanks for this post to remind me to check it out.

I wish I could make the pop up event today. There's actually one in dallas, but I've got plans already. Maybe they'll keep around a few extra copies of the album.

10. defmytones

Regular

Does anyone hear Matty from The 1975 influences in the vocals?

11. Michael Schmidt

Didn't hear much in the vocals on my first listen, but I thought those interlude tracks had a little 1975 influence.

12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

If American Candy was in stores, why isn't this? They did both records by themselves...

13. Daniel182

I wondered the same thing. I feel like they're missing out on a lot of potential physical album sales by withholding this album from stores.

Matt504 likes this.
  14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sure they profit more this way, but it still would be nice to be able to pick it up from a Best Buy or FYE...

15. Michael Schmidt

If they are self-releasing an album than it's probably just a simple cost issue since you aren't worried about first week numbers at that point. They are probably thinking it's going to be streamed mostly and if there's a bigger demand for physical copies they can do it later.

16. Daniel182

Agreed. My plan was to walk over to the Best Buy down the street from work during lunch to pick up a CD as I did for American Candy two years ago. I ended up going to their pop-up shop to get the limited edition CD. I'm sure you're right about them profiting more this way, so I'm all for that.

Jason Tate and Matt504 like this.
  17. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I have always been intrigued by this band in the past but never really loved them but this album is just fantastic!

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

When these guys were on tour with Anberlin awhile back I remember a lot of people being "meh" about them so I never really checked them out. But the hype sounds real. Looking forward to checking this out tomorrow!

19. Christopher Mills

Tryhard

I think this is definitely their best album. This album just feels much more cohesive than any of their other work. I love this album and their progression as a band has been really awesome to watch.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  20. 44DeLonge

wow what an fantastic album!! love it!!
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Definitely

22. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

The album is absolutely fantastic. The Sound of Reverie is such a jam. I hadn't realised that this was a release they were doing themselves - definitely going to pick up a copy on vinyl to support them.

23. bloodinthesand

Regular

Have they seriously sold 20 million albums worldwide? That seems a bit high too me

24. Michael Schmidt

Check the bullets on that ad a bit closer haha. There is some comedy to be had and I don't want to spoil it for you.

Mr. Serotonin, FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Ryan Apr 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2017)
    Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

These guys honestly just get better, AC ruled and I can't wait to check this out

EDIT: Didn't realize this and AC were both self released. If that's the case l think it's pretty cool these guys can do that and still maintain their band