Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Magicians (SyFy) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fastlife, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Already renewed for season 5. Yay!

stayillogical and Garrett L. like this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

yes

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Loved Dean Fogg's conversation with Julia in his office about not repeating his mistake again and protecting her.

4. stayillogical Jan 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2019)
    stayillogical

Also laughed out loud at the Santa Claus reveal.

Oh and completely forgot that alternate timeline Marina joined them last season. It's cool that she's alive again. But funny how they killed Penny last season and just replaced him with the other timeline version.

5. Garrett

High King Margo forever

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm a very big fan of the books - some of my favorites that I have read in years - and when I tried to watch the show back when it first aired I really did not enjoy it. I hear only good things from people who watch it though, especially lately. I think I'm going to have to give it another chance. It's been a long time now since I've read the books so a lot of the details get fuzzy, and I find I usually like adaptations to the screen much better when the book isn't fresh in my mind.

7. They gave up following the books pretty quickly. There's a lot of similarities but the show is really it's own thing.

Brother Beck likes this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That's actually heartening for me to hear. I kinda feel like I'd enjoy that more.

9. Garrett

The scene where Margo and Elliot talk in nerd pop culture code in season...3?...is better than anything that won an Emmy that year.

10. So good.

Garrett L. likes this.
  11. stayillogical

My jaw literally dropped at that scene. Haha. I played it back right away. I wanted to make sure I understood the Buffy reference, which they got right. That is indeed the best episode.

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Garrett

The scene with Margo finding out about the opium saturation left me wheezing with my eyes watering from laughter. Amazing.

Summer Bishiil is amazing.

13. stayillogical

I'm still in disbelief that our Penny is gone. Penny 23 is not a replacement. I wonder if it really is for good.

14. stayillogical Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2019)
    stayillogical

Peaches and plums, motherfucker. #queliot :heart:

15. Garrett

Your face looks like a scrotum!

I didn’t need that coffee in my mouth anyway.

16. stayillogical

"You let go of Falcor!"

I love this show, but I miss Elliot.

17. All hail High King Margo. Summer really killed it tonight.

Garrett L. likes this.
  18. Lots of book references in this episode! Always love seeing Mayakovsky.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Best episode of the season? So many quotable lines, Q's Fillory monologue, and the set up for the finale is crazy.

20. Garrett

Q's Fillory monologue was the high point of the season for sure. Devastating...and felt like the third book for the first time.

21. Garrett

Oh my God. I feel like I got punched in the gut. Following the monologue, it makes perfect sense. But the final monologue he gives in the third book is the exact opposite message. But I don’t hate this. Weird entities, these books and show.

”Was I looking to save my friends or was I looking for a way to finally die?”

22. stayillogical

This conversation made me realize it was a real ending for Q and then the tears came. I bawled my eyes out for the rest of the episode.

23. Garrett

Yup. The musical number was very overwhelming.

24. I'm in shock. That was so unexpected and I can't even fathom how this show goes on without Quentin.

stayillogical likes this.
  25. stayillogical

Is there a precedent for this?