Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Magicians (SyFy) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fastlife, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Okay, I'm hooked. I love Elliott translated to television. Some gripes, like Umber being humanoid...but nothing I can't get over. I loved the reference to the books when that librarian woman says Janet instead of Margot.

Also Julia and Co.'s attempt to find Our Lady Underground was a lot more powerful in the book, but I understand why they didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

On ep 9, so far its really good. I should have known it was based on a book lol. I like how its pretty lighthearted and funny but randomly will get dark and violent when you are least expecting.

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I thought the ending battle with Martin was kind of underwhelming...there wasn't really any shock factor since I basically knew what was coming

4. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I just binge watched the entire first season of this show. So good! Really unexpected turns with the story. My favourite episode was the one where they went to some snowy place for extra classes

5. Davjs

Trusted

I finished it last night too, binged for about a week. It was pretty good, but had some terrible acting and dialog from our mains. The supporting cast are all good and funny though, and I think that's what kept me going. The finale was all over the place, which I guess is a good thing. Funny and lighthearted and then at the end randomly demon rape and a massacre. Poor Penny.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Comes back tonight! Finished my rewatch on Monday. Should be interesting where we go from here (especially knowing the plot of the later books).

Book spoiler: I'd love to see the Venice and Blue Whale sequences.

7. Garrett

The show tunes touch has been killing me. This captures the spirit of the books in a fun way, while not telling the exact same story.

Raku likes this.
  8. Garrett

Interesting twists tonight. Still have a blast.

9. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Oh man. I was expecting that ending, but it was still crazy to watch. Really well done.

On another note, the throne curse was amusing. Loved Quentin's line about how Penny should've gone for the carotid.

Garrett L. likes this.
  10. Garrett

This show, I know I posted about it last night, continues to make me laugh in the most absurd way. Elliot's Hary Potter seven slash eight quote was amazing.

11. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This show has been good this season! Was surprised they killed off Marina

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Garrett

Really loving how this season is progressing. I was curious how both the Alice and Julia storylines would be adapted and I've enjoyed the switches.

NewSurrender likes this.
  13. Garrett

Really enjoyed the afterlife segment. Feels like the next two episodes should get pretty crazy.

14. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I want normal alice back on the show! Niffin version is cool but I like season one version more

15. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Raku and Garrett L. like this.
  16. Garrett

Best news!

17. Garrett

Tonight's episode continues this very strong back half. Great stuff.

18. I love the books and I don't mind how the show is pretty loose with the adaptation, but I don't think they earned bringing back Alice already.

19. Raku

Regular

I still need to check this show out (among many others)

Glad it's doing well enough to get another season =)

20. Garrett

Thank God this got renewed because that episode ending was TOO MUCH.

I love this ensemble.

Raku likes this.
  21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I'm glad Alice is back, I'm interested in seeing how her time as a Niffin has changed her

22. Garrett

Comes back January 10! Let’s go!

Lowkey my favorite show on tv right now

23. Garrett

Tonight!

fastlife likes this.
  24. Garrett

“How long does a quest like this take?”

“A good...season.”

:crylaugh: :crylaugh:

25. Fantastic premiere. I'm really excited for what they've teased this season.

Garrett L. likes this.