Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Madness of Many Tour: Animals As Leaders, Intervals, Plini Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 24, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

[​IMG]

2. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Gonna try and hit up the Michigan date. I've always wanted to catch Animals As Leaders.

3. redwing91007

I've seen AAL twice now and been underwhelmed both times. They are absolutely top notch musicians but while watching their set all I could was "They are really good, I get it" while nodding off to sleep. To each their own but I've had a really though time sitting through an entire instrumental set in the past few years, especially a headliner.

4. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Well considering that Animals As Leaders and Plini are all instrumental and Intervals is except for one album I can understand that. The reason I personally enjoy them is being a musician myself it makes it more enjoyable to watch especially when youre used to watching orchestras, instrumental metal is a breath of fresh air.

Also since you've seen them twice, can you answer this question for me that I've always wondered but I can't find any videos to confirm or deny this; Do people mosh during AAL? I can only maybe see it to Tooth and Claw but even then I'm not sure.

5. redwing91007

I used to enjoy live instrumental shows quite a bit but since I've been playing less guitar/bass that seems to have faded.

The first time I saw them it was during their tour with BTBAM and there was maybe a few small pits throughout the set that came and went. The second time was a few weeks back at a festival and I didn't see a single person moving, could be that it was raining for part of their set.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  6. Taran Cornejo

Can't wait for NOLA next week: