Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lumineers Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Lumineers are a folk rock band, based in Denver, Colorado. The two founding members and songwriters of the Lumineers are Wesley Schultz (lead vocals, guitar) and Jeremiah Fraites (drums, percussion). Josh Fraites, the brother of Jeremiah and best friend of Schultz, died of a drug overdose in 2002. As a way to cope with their loss, Schultz and Fraites began writing and performing together in New Jersey in 2002. Cellist and vocalist Neyla Pekarek joined the band in 2010, after responding to a Craigslist ad. Pianist Stelth Ulvang and bassist Ben Wahamaki joined the band as full-time members in 2012.

The band's self-titled debut album was released on Dualtone Records on April 3, 2012, eventually peaking at number 2 on theBillboard 200 chart in January 2013. As of December 2013, their debut album has been certified Platinum in the US and Ireland, with Gold certifications in the UK, Australia and Canada.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Probably in the vast minority on this site, but I thoroughly enjoyed their debut and their latest, Cleopatra, is one of my favorite albums of 2016 thus far. Filled a nice little niche in my heart that's been empty since The Civil Wars broke up.

3. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Really been enjoying Cleopatra. "White Lie" and "Gun Song" kept me coming back to it and the rest of the album grew on me. I hope people give it a shot even if they're sick of "Ho Hey" haha.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really like their debut. The new one just kind of seems like a second Lumineers record to me, but it's not bad. I think "Dead Sea" is a really spectacular song though.

I saw them at XPN Fest the second time they played there which was headlining and was kind of blown away by the fact that "Ho Hey" was the third song in the setlist and no one left immediately after they played it. I'm curious to see how much of their fan base has stuck around

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Has anyone seen them live?

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Left For Denver sounds like a song I would have made after listening to Northern Downpour on repeat for six hours. New album is a nice listen though.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I had listened to Left for Denver a few times before seeing this post and now I can’t unhear Northern Downpour.

Chapter III of this album is some of the best stuff this band has ever done in my opinion. Chapter II is good and Chapter I hasn’t really grabbed me yet.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

9. Zeke

Regular

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

BRIGHTSIDE is really good.