Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lulls in Traffic - Rabbit in the Snare (May 22nd, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Apr 10, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

what I love about the record is how well written the music is. I'm not obsessed with the rapping but I think the music behind is really interesting. Aaron wrote some really beautifully programmed tracks. Really love the song dominant, absolutely beautiful

fenway89 likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How have you heard it already?

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

So how many tracks have rapping ?

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I just think it's awesome that Talib Kweli is featured on a track.

coleslawed, OotyPa and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Agreed, should be flames

I hope this isnt a one-and-done project. Itd be cool to see Aaron truly explore hip-hop territory beyond these 11 songs

6. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

They just posted the title track! I LOVE this.

Benjamin Lee, Shakriel and teebs41 like this.
  7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This album might end up being a good segway for me to get into some hip-hop. Never really been able to get into the genre outside of a couple Gambino songs. Either way, I love the new song and I'm really excited for this release.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

So stoked. This is really great

teebs41 likes this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

album's up for temporary pay what you want on the lulls.net. coldest night is awesome.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to come back to this more now that it's actually out!

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I might be being stupid but I can't see this on the main page. What am I doing wrong? Has it already ended?

12. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah, for some reason when you click on the main page it takes you to a different version of the store without the digital download option. Thanks.

14. Shakriel

Ahh, yeah I see now. I didn't even scroll down, just went straight to the store tab when I grabbed it earlier haha.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Ahhhhhhh Winding Ivy!!!

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea that was weird. I found the right store by googling for lyrics haha

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Enjoying this on my first listen but it's wayyyyy less hip-hoppy than I expected.

KidLightning likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Just finished the album. They've definitely got a great sound, but the album does feel a little samey. More features would help as Ivan's voice/flow is kinda one-note. Aaron, on the other hand, steals the show. I'd be interested in hearing them try out brighter textures and quicker tempos as well, but for a debut project, this is pretty great. The instrumentation is dreamlike in the best way and the new version of The Rope to Pull Yourself Together is beautiful.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

This would be so much better without the presence of discount Mike Shinoda. I would love a version of this with his parts cut out, ha.

FTank and js977 like this.
  20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

How do we get a version of this without the awful talkrap. thank you

21. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Someone should ask Aaron for the stems and remove the stupid whiteboi rapper.

22. Shakriel

Yeah, Ives is definitely a huge weakpoint. He's fine on some songs and distracting on others.

23. mationation

I think God's a painter

winding ivy is by far my favorite tho i think it's cus it reminds me of erase.

i actually think the rapping enhances some tracks (winding ivy, coldest night, touch) but for the most part detracted from the record.

OotyPa likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Ivan's lyrics are pretty interesting though, I like the song about his dad a lot.

25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I don't think the rapping is distracting at all. It's at least fairly interesting, lyrically, and it's not really bad, at least not in a way that takes me out of the songs or loses my interest.