Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lovebirds (Michael Showalter, May 22, 2020, Netflix) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is sadly very mediocre. It feels like Kumail and Issa are improv-ing like crazy to cover up the bare bones of a script and not coming up with much. Was hoping for a surprise like “Game Night,” but it’s sadly closer to “Stuber.” A real waste of talent.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wish i could say that surprises me, but trailer made it seem like that could be the route it took. still gonna give it a fair shake probably

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on netflix now, anyone else see it yet

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

completely whelmed by this

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

this is a fine lazy day on the couch watch. nothing to write home about. game night and date night did it way better.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed this more than I probably should have, but I'm a fan of both Issa and Kumail so that could have had something to do with it.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I really REALLY like the reveal that they were never suspects because the cops had the traffic cams the whole time, such a simple reveal that killed me. The rest of this was pretty middling, but that joke alone was worth it.

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The phone’s passcode being 1234 was great too.

supernovagirl likes this.