Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The littlejohn Memorial Music Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bachna84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. bachna84 Jan 1, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2019)
    bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

If it couldn’t be hoobastank related, then this woulda been my second choice for a title.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Album that grew on me the most in 2018. I can now safely say i love it: Golden Hour.

5. Reposting this as the other thread will be archived.

Happy new year everyone. 2018 was such a weird one for me. From the depressing first half where I was still depressed, isolated, and hopeless, to the summer I spent at the clinic, regained the ability to meet people and connect with them, went back to chorus.fm and social media after a one year break, started playing music again, to the rough last 5 months where I got back at my parents' (now old) home, got a job, had more confidence to pursue therapy and decide to get in touch with friends again, while living with a toxic dad that made this environment a hell to the point I had to get out just in time for Christmas and the surrounding family drama... what a ride.

Spending the entire last week at a friend's big place with like a dozen people coming in and out regularly, discovering and eating vegan food, smoking weed, partying, dancing, jamming randomly, etc. was so refreshing. Plus I was surrounded by queer people for once which contributed to this safeness. A guy who was into drag made me wear heels for the first time, I was so nervous but it felt so good! It was an eye opener and made me think « okay, there are people who feel the same way as I do, I'm not alone and not a freak, I don't have to hide in fear and everything's going to be okay once I get comfortable with my own body and sexuality. »

I usually don't do this, but as I'm so close to a stable and independent life, I have a few goals for 2019. Mostly music related as I want to finally start a band, play shows, perhaps put out a demo or something like that? I also want to do anything that brings me closer to my lifelong dream of becoming a full time songwriter/producer. Then on a more intimate subject, I want to continue my journey into transitioning, coming out and living as a trans woman further down the line. Sounds quite a lot, but I don't have other commitments, and I'm not ready to go back to college yet, so those are the things that motivate me each morning when I wake up.

Sorry for the long post! I'll just end by wishing you all the best things for this year. I'm grateful to be around you in this place. You're all so lovely, funny, and inspiring, and you deserve to fulfill your dreams and be happy. Thanks for being there.

6. I like those albums but I don't truly connect with them as much as I'd love to if it makes sense? Perhaps due to the rawer production.

7. Golden Hour is the definitive album of 2018 for me. This Is Us the definitive TV show. The Superbowl, and particularly Timberlake's performance and the following episode of This Is Us, was a defining moment. In each case, they made me feel like I wanted to live and not give up, as I was struggling with depression so hard at the beginning of the year.

Oh and Underoath's return even if the album was disappointing.

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

2019 I hope for new thursday

9. bachna84

2019 i hope for new every time i die

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

With your old avatar you would of said this instead.

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

2019 i hope for new Crime in Stereo

12. oncenowagain

My New Years resolution is for Frank Ocean and Phoebe Bridgers to release new albums

13. Yeah I thought the record was done like a year and a half back? Hope it's not being shelved

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

New Third Eye Blind in 2019 please

15. bachna84

new deftones please

16. Omni

Regular

posted this in the Paramore thread but they're the band I want a new album from this year above all else

17. oncenowagain

Rap metal revolution 2019

18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Please let Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, and Larry David make it to 2020(and well beyond)

19. bachna84

20. Dog with a Blog

ello motto

21. Dog with a Blog

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No Tom DeLonge 2019

23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

New Stranger Things. July 4th

KidLightning, Omni, beachdude and 4 others like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

I should prolly get out of bed Jan 1st

25. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious