Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lion King (Favreau, 7/19/2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

The thing I'm curious about the most is that they gave Ed a voice actor.... so is he going to more than just do crazy laughs?

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Ed and Banzai are just the animated movie. Keegan-Michael Key and Eric Andre are probably still jokesters, but they're Kamari and Azizi.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I have no idea who Kamari and Azizi are lol, and from a quick Google search neither does anyone else. I guess they are original to this new one? Kind of a shame but I'm sure it'll still be great.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I could totally see Eric Andre just doing crazy laughs lol

5. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Everything in this movie looks real and that's cool, but it also looks washed out and ugly. I don't understand this movie and I will 100% see it opening weekend.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

They're new characters from the animation, but basically the same characters. Disney basically adapted Hamlet and a little bit of the Bible in the form of African wildlife, so it's not like minor characters are necessary to the story. Of ALL characters from the animated movie, Banzai and Ed are the least you should worry about. Key and Andre will undoubtedly do just as good or better than Cheech Marin arguing with Jim Cummings' foolish laughing.

ChaseTx and Davjs like this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fully on board with this idc

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, I cannot wait for this soundtrack.

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

In

11. GBlades

Trusted

If anything, this soundtrack is gonna be gorgeous!

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Couldn't be more in.

14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

It might be because I'm stoned - but that made me misty eyed.

15. GBlades

Trusted

Wow, this fucking movie. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

justin. likes this.
  17. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Donald Glover's Jimmy Kimmel interview had about 30 seconds of Hakuna Matata and I was fucking here for it. Can't wait.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The music sounded great but I honestly thought the animation was still a little stiff... I hope it's better in context

19. zmtr

Trusted

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I just want that soundtrack so bad

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have a feeling the soundtrack will be the best thing about this remake. Glover and Beyoncé singing ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ is too good.

22. I'm avoiding any promos, not because of spoilers, but because I haven't been able to see a single clip of this without almost crying.

100% chance I'm going to be a mess in the theater.

23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm just avoiding things because I want to hear it for the first time during the movie. Just 11 days until I see it!

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m not really looking forward to the soundtrack. The original songs were good enough so idc. I’m worried about Disney changing any unnecessary plot points or bad CGI at moments when the whole movie visually relies on CGI.

25. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I'm keeping this movie removed from the original. Sure, there'll be some comparison after I see it and if it differs greatly I'll be disappointed, but to me this is a new thing. A new version of something already great. It's not trying to outdo or stamp out the legacy of the original, it's just a new telling with the technology and talent available. Amped.