Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lion King (Favreau, 7/19/2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Of all of the live-action remakes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the most unnecessary one. But it looks really well done and it's still based on arguably the best Disney animated film of all time so I'm going to see it.

TSLROCKS and coleslawed like this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Trailer looks good but I'm hyper aware of every dialog change and I find myself wanting it to be just a shot-for-shot, line-for-line remake

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Kind of weird that we still haven’t heard Simba

5. Dog with a Blog

I will say, this trailer reminded me how amazing the original is. It looks good because it’s Lion King. Curious if they’ll change up any story beats but prolly not or nothing too drastic. It is Hamlet, afterall

6. Dog with a Blog

It’s interesting how this is probably the most same-y of the remakes and will most likely perform the best

7. Davjs

Trusted

On another viewing of the trailer, I don't think Mufasa sounds as gruff as he should. I know James Earl is older, but I kind of expected the same voice. I love Chiwetel but his Scar doesn't do a lot for me either. I know he only says like 5 lines so I expect to have my mind changed.

Yeah, seeing this 100 times as a kid and then another 100 with my kids, I am fully aware of every little change haha.

I do love that I recognize what scenes are from what part of the movie, but I also want it to be different enough to justify this remake.

Also we never see any of the characters talk, just their voice over on other scenes.

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Even though I am looking so forward to this, I agree because the Animated one is pure magic.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You can see Scar talk when he tells Simba to run away

10. Davjs

Trusted

Touché. That is the one scene where that happens, I totally overlooked that.

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to have Zimmer's score just blasted into my skull in IMAX.

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I hadn't seen this yet. Gotta love it. haha

[​IMG]

Also, this is undoubtedly going to be a $1 billion movie. I still think it'll end up in the $1.3-$1.5 billion total by the end of it.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m going with a wild card and thinking it will hit $2 billion.

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen any of the live action Disney remakes but I really wanna see this one.

Dodger likes this.
  16. tvck

Trusted

Damn that looks amazing

Davjs likes this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

One of my most anticipated of ever.

Davjs likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx and coleslawed like this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

To my shame, I don't think I ever realised there were two As in Pumbaa! Admittedly, that might be the first time I've seen it written down.

Davjs likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not only am I a complete Glover stan but the original is also THE most nostalgic movie of all time for me. Like literally any time I hear any song or even part of the score I get hardcore goosebumps and even sometimes tear up a bit lol, like the part of the score that they used in the new trailer for example. I'll see this for sure

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

With the talent behind this, they would've really had to go way out of their way to mess it up. Favreau has proven himself already with this type of movie after Jungle Book. I think this will be very good.

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Glover "stan?" Have you been writing him weird letters during a rainy night as Dido plays?

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Stan is actually in the dictionary now!

Blimp City Hero likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Billy definitely works for me