Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lion King (Favreau, 7/19/2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Jul 10, 2017.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I was really nervous for this because the original is my favourite Disney film. After seeing the cast I got excited and now seeing the trailer I'm ready to be blown away. It looks better than I could have ever imagined.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

These tweets have even more truth after seeing the trailer for Into the Spider-Verse on the big screen earlier today. The more I think about this, the more I wonder what it'll have to offer me beyond a great voice cast doing a decent cover.

Hopefully some sequences stray enough from the source material & take enough advantage of the increased photo realism to bring something different to the story.

Connor and coleslawed like this.
  3. Doomsday Nov 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 24, 2018)
    Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even care if this is a shot for shot remake (obviously it won't be, but still), the CGI will look awesome and I love the story so I'll pay to see it again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

awakeohsleeper and Davjs like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah. Like, it’s not a pattern I want to see in film or anything but at the same time I love the lion king so much I will take ANY kind of recreation of it

5. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I think the pattern has been happening for a while now and is just getting more and more redundant. At least with this it's changing the format from 2D to 3D, and that's interesting enough for me

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Disney is gonna capitalize on our love of nostalgia and take all our money which is scary, but also give me, at least Dumbo looks like it will have that Tim Burton touch

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It could literally be the same shot by shot for the entire film and I wouldn’t care.

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

9. Dog with a Blog

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Hard same bud

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. In the lead-up to Incredibles 2 people were like, Leave your kids at home. This is getting the same reaction. I can understand complaining after the fact when people ruin a movie- or concert-going experience by being too loud, but telling people to not bring their kids to a kids' movie is a little too much. Like, so what if it's a revival of something you grew up with. You were probably that annoying kid back then. Anyway, in the months I still used Moviepass, I noticed that there were less kids at showtimes during school hours or later at night. I guess if people had work or other obligations that might not be an option. Would it be silly to have 18+ showtimes for what's essentially a children's film? Are there theaters that serve alcohol and just don't allow children?

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

honestly I don't generally find kids worse than adults at movies, like occasionally they'll be too loud or running around but it's usually not a big deal
    it's a major red flag to me when people just straight up hate children and I roll my eyes when I see those Pixar should have adults only screening posts on Reddit

Connor and St. Nate like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, that’s pretty dumb. Kids suck but like, there should be a general understanding that there will be kids present during a family movie. It’s one thing if the kid is running around or crying, but to expect absolute silence from a kid is pretty ridiculous. If you want quiet, wait a couple weeks and go to a late showing

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Honestly, I'm all over this. Gimme gimme!

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The voice cast in this is so perfect that it's reason enough on its own for me to see it.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

18. 100% tears during the stampede scene.

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  19. Looks really cool. I’m not gonna let it alter my feelings on the original either way. But I’m definitely taking my son to see this

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  20. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The movie looks amazing. Definitely my most anticipated out of the live-action remakes.

Davjs and awakeohsleeper like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

They kept in my favorite part of the original score! I am 100% in now, not that I wasn't already.

22. Yeessssssss

23. shea

RIP Supporter

Fuck yeah

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Well, it sure is the Lion King.

I'm glad people are excited for this, but the more I see of it, the less interest I personally have. *shrug*

25. Dog with a Blog

Man, I hate to break it to you, but those lions aren’t real :tear: