Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lion King (Favreau, 7/19/2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Yup he did the original as well. Makes sense, it’s not like they could have picked up someone better.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Simba's gotten tan.

4. I just watched the first 15 of the an early version of the original animated Lion King! Just had to tell someone. Haha

Dodger likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 and Dodger like this.
  6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just want to say, again, that Glover bringing JD on stage at the Grammys was great.

Other big news: Elton John is coming back to rework some of his previous songs with Beyonce and Tim Rice (who had originally helped John on this and Aida). He revealed that they are writing a new song for the end credits and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight," "Hakuna Matata," "I Just Can’t Wait To Be King," and "Circle of Life" will be in the film.

Sir Elton John confirms he’s working on the soundtrack of The Lion King live-action remake with Tim Rice

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As much as the whole point of doing something like this is to change it up, it wouldn't be the same without Elton John involved.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, this sucks

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

“Be Prepared” is one of those Disney musical numbers that legit scares the shit out of me.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

At least, I guess, we won't have to worry about a new version "ruining" the original for some people

Dodger likes this.
  11. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah, Im okay with them not trying to recreate everything. Good choice. Im actually down for new songs. Will always have the old

12. Serh Feb 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I gotta say, looking back I don't know just how excited I am for this film. I love the cast, and I've enjoyed most of what I've seen Favreau direct, but I don't see this being needed. With the remakes of Pete's Dragon and The Jungle Book, even though I didn't love either of them you could see where one could try to improve on those films because the originals probably could've benefitted from an update (I never saw the original Pete's Dragon all the way through, so maybe I'm wrong). The original Lion King, however, is more or less perfect as it is. And the original Beauty and The Beast was still a great film that didn't need an update, and that movie's remake ended up being mediocre at best

So I guess I'm trying to say is maybe I should temper expectations if I want this to be a big step forward, I dunno hope I'm wrong

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I know what you’re saying - The Lion King is an incredible film. Having said that, I’ve enjoyed all three of the films you mention (Pete’s Dragon, The Jungle Book & Beauty & the Beast) so I’m lowering my expectations and just going to see what happens.

14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I am pretty excited for this. I did enjoy Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast. I’m sure this will be good too though. Either way, I’m excited for Glover and Beyoncé to possibly have creative input on their roles. Even just at a vocal level, it’s great to see many of the roles in an African-oriented movie going to actual black actors this time around. While we love the original, I think we’ll end up seeing some positive changes for the “live action” version too.

Now, on the live action front, I maybe wouldn’t have prioritized it because I think more human-based movies like Mulan and Aladdin made more sense to bring to life in this manner. The one movie I’d love to see made in live action would be Hercules.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  15. Dodger

so who’s as curious as me to see a realistic CGI meerkat and warthog dress in drag and do the hula?

jk. I hope they don’t.

Davjs likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

No way, I hope they do! I've always loved that part.

17. Dodger

I hope they do something else. Well always have the animated version

Davjs likes this.
  18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'd imagine they won't. They scaled back that aspect in Jungle Book and you're talking the same director here.

Davjs and Dodger like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

True, we didn't get Baloo in a hula skirt dancing to distract the monkeys lol

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

supernovagirl and Dodger like this.
  21. Dodger

I’m so excited but also nervous.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Mrplum5089 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

This has to be recording "Hakuna Matata."

[​IMG]

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Doubt it, Simba wasn't an adult yet

25. Dog with a Blog

Hakuna Matata: Reprise

coleslawed likes this.