Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lion King (Favreau, 7/19/2019) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Agree with the table read. Especially James Earl Jones

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

James Earl Jones's performance in this compared to the original is the perfect encapsulation of this movie to me - his original performance was so warm and bursting with life. This one, he still has the richness to his voice, but he sounds like tired and disengaged.

fowruok, ChaseTx and Taketimeandfind like this.
  3. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

ya so this was fine?

i much preferred the first half to the second. i hadn't seen the original in so long but the second half just felt rushed and awkward at times.

probably was a waste to get beyonce but what do i know.

4. Shakadivibes

Hey! I'm new here

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

09A25458-967F-4479-8D54-1178958FFE16.jpeg

Zilla likes this.
  7. I knew someone was going to do this.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

By “some of the new cast”, do you mean the two main roles in the film voiced by Donald and Beyoncé? That’s a MAJOR problem. They were so flat.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I mean most of the new cast. I didn’t really prefer any of them to the original cast.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw this today and it's insanely hard to figure out how I feel about it because the original is one of my favorite movies of all time and this is basically the same movie lol. Visuals are beautiful and actually fit the movie better than I thought they would, and most of the voice actors did a great job, especially Seth and Billy

They did basically ruin my two favorite scenes of the original (Be Prepared and the scene where Simba returns to Pride Rock) with an unnecessary and weird new arrangement of the former and replacing the incredible score with the new Beyonce song for the latter, and this might be controversial but if I had to choose between them bringing back James Earl Jones or Jeremy Irons it would have been Irons, he's the highlight of the original and while Ejiofor is a fantastic actor he really didn't live up to the iconic performance in the original for me

Overall I liked this and am glad I saw it but it also didn't really need to exist

bradsonemanband and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I feel like in the original, every time Mufasa talked his voice had such weight and resonance. You could just feel he was king just by hearing his voice. Here, not so much

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Almost all the voicing in this is flat

domotime2 likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40, bradsonemanband and ChaseTx like this.
  14. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Question. Did they cut the hula scene?

15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

James Earl Jones is 88 years old people.

Really liked the movie. Last time I saw the animated one was on college on mushrooms, that was still my favorite time seeing any iteration of this movie.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It wasn’t in the film unfortunately.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Saw it last night and enjoyed it for what it was. Better than I expected I think.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They replaced it with a pretty funny other Disney animated movie reference.

Dodger likes this.
  19. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I think the guy next to me thought this was the funniest thing in the world, based on how loud he laughed at that part.

There were some moments I didn't understand why they were changed, but overall, I was a fan of this version.

20. oakhurst likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I hope this movie breaks $600 million domestically

22. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was excellent and I can't wait to watch it again

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

When I first saw the trailer for this I have to admit that I thought that going super realistic with the animal designs was a mistake. After having seen the film, I think it was absolutely the right call if this was going to be 'live action'. The weird pseudo-human faces on the animals in Netflix's Mowgli are honestly somewhat terrifying looking.

I think a fully CGI animated version similar to Netflix's recent Watership Down adaptation would've been a great way to go too, especially with a full Disney budget, but I know the big thing right now is live action remakes.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Minions, not Despicable Me the 3rd one that's a prequel/origin story, is the only non Disney movie in the top 5 highest grossing animated movies lol