Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The LGBTIQ Rights and Discussion Thread Social • Page 5

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

That's now the second or third account of this happening since the whole debacle started. Fucking absurd how national dialogues are established over useless arguments and "this isn't discriminatory" my ass

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

4. nohandstoholdonto May 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 19, 2016)
    nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, tbh, it's even kinda obvious just by the wording of headlines like these. Saw one just now "Women are now getting harassed in bathrooms because of anti-transgender hysteria," its like... trans women ARE women y'all. When the words "woman" and "man" are being used as the distinction between cis and trans people it totally implies we're not really women or men ourselves.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. Malatesta

I agree, but I think that may also be bc the focus of the article is generally, "look, idiots, the people you claim to have made this useless law to protect are getting harassed for it." esp since I think trans folks more than ever now are likely sticking to single bathrooms, not using public restrooms, etc. But it is shitty that somehow the focus is on cis people yet again

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, I mean I definitely understand why, it's just frustrating is all. I don't think people who didn't already care about trans people or their rights are gonna read that article and suddenly care. They're just gonna care that cis women are collateral damage. I'm sure a decent amount will even find a way to blame us for that, just by merely existing. Idk.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Malatesta

ugh are you fucking serious? :|

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I saw a billboard on the interstate yesterday that said marriage equals one man and one woman and of course it mentioned God. Religion in this country is fucking exhausting.

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

That billboard is so last year's battle.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Christian Conservatives lost the battle against same-sex marriage, which is why the focus now is denying transgender peoples' rights.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I see religious billboards all the time out here, by that I mean rural/semi-rural areas outside of STL. They all seem involve a phone number or a website too.

14. DarkHotline

Pretty damn shitty to say the least.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

I live in liberal blue state Connecticut and occasionally see "Worship Christ" or "Choose Heaven or Hell" billboards. There was even a Harold Camping 2011 Doomsday billboard not far from my parent's house.

16. DarkHotline

Well then, I learned today that religious billboards knows no bounds when it comes to territory. The world will never look the same again.

17. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Yup, that sums this one up well. Didn't think this was an old topic. I'm surprised it took this long to see one in Arizona.

18. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

19. CoopDawg

They're obviously grilled... Prestigious

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Lead singer of Christian Pop Punk band Everyday Sunday comes out.

Modern Gospel |

As someone who grew up in youth groups this band was huge to me and I'm really happy he's comfortable coming forward like this. Really hope he doesn't get blacklisted for this.

21. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

22. Malatesta

whoa, that's a name i've not heard in a long time. never really got into them but that's, well, pretty much what i'd expect from the christian music industry

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

ChaseTx likes this.