Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The LGBTIQ Rights and Discussion Thread Social • Page 40

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. myawrld Apr 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2021)
    myawrld

Regular

It has taken thirty-two years.
    I will be thirty-three this year - sixteen days from now to be exact.
    I've walked through life with a disconnect I could never understand, with a haze I could never see through - despite my hardest effort.
    I am so happy to be entering my thirty-third year as an out transgender woman.

I have never been more confident or more sure in my life.
    Never give up on yourself, the human experience is beautiful and ever-changing.
    Even if you don't have the answers today, don't let this discourage you from asking the questions.
    You are worth it.

2. stars143

Trusted

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Orla likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Crisp X likes this.
  5. myawrld

Regular

42915AF8-A4C1-4B0F-BC6C-17578915C044.jpeg

Transition is a beautiful thing and if you feel it will make you happier, please listen to that voice.

Nice to meet y’all. I’m Mya

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Elder Lightning

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Why is a right winger making a troll account posing as a guy who nuked his accounts after it got discovered he was living a double life? Lol

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Elder Lightning likes this.
  10. higathonzumba

i reckon eveyone has a right to a relationship that is consensual and free and peaceful, none of anyones business basically least of all the governments!

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

starting today you’re all on notice

chris and Nick like this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Crisp X likes this.
  13. Elder Lightning

The whole family went to the Pride festival here today.

One of our twins, Evan, has been genderfluid for several years now – occasionally identifying as she/her or they/them at home but always he/him outside of the home – but found a "they/them" pin today and came out to us as non-binary and also gave us permission to identify them as non-binary outside of the home.

Evan said that finding and being able to wear that pin is what allowed them to do it, and I'm just so damn happy for, and proud of, them!

heartchapel, clucky, Meerkat and 8 others like this.
  14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I came in here to vent and this just gave me so much joy. Thanks for sharing this @Elder Lightning.

Thought about posting this in the Mental Health thread but this feels better. I’m rounding the corner on my one year anniversary with my girlfriend. We know we’re going to get married someday but are definitely a few years away from individually being there life wise and such. We spent this weekend talking about if we need to get legally married soon to preserve our rights and researching domestic partnerships and other ways to maintain the rights we’d be looking to have by getting married. But it’s incredibly frustrating and sad to be sitting with your partner and both of you saying “I love you, I’m not ready to marry you, but do we need to?”
    I know we probably wouldn’t call each other wives or refer to it as a wedding or getting married and our relationship would stay on the same timeline but it’s just heavy to be having this conversation way before either of us are ready. I’m not sure what we’re going to do yet but it feels like there aren’t really any good answers.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

You'll probably be fine in California but I hate that you need to think about this , and probably definitely isn't enough

16. Meerkat

So, first of all, yes. Where we (mostly me) keep getting stuck is that nothing feels safe and it’s hard to trust and have faith that processes will play out like they’re supposed to. So it’s easy for us to rely on being in California but LA is on the verge of electing a Republican in Democrats clothing as mayor. As much as we want to rely on being in California, it doesn’t feel particularly smart for us to assume anything about this country right now.
    In terms of the Supreme Court and the process of how a case reaches them, I just don’t have any faith that there are actually any rules in government anymore. We just feel entirely backed into a corner

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A library just tore down their pride display 20 minutes from me so I feel you, I hope I didn't well actually you

18. Meerkat

You’re all good. It definitely feels like a reasonable response lol. It’s just difficult for me to have any confidence that anything will play out in any predictable way aside from being bad

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh no :(

theasteriskera likes this.
  22. Halitosis Jones Feb 6, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I always felt there wasnt a term for how I fell on the spectrum. I used to just tell people I am "straght-ish" or "straight with a lower case s" too queer to call myself straight but too straight to feel ok calling myself queer without feeling like I was appropriating. Not attracted to people who identify as male enough to feel like I was bi or pan.

I just learned of a new term that describes what I am perfectly: Gynosexual. I am attracted to feminine physical features but it doesn't matter to me what your gender identity is or what you have in between your legs. Cis women, trans women, nonbinary, ect.

23. Elder Lightning

Cross-posting myself from the general politics thread:

My conservative brother-in-law sent this to my wife since we're both against the NC version of the "don't say gay" bill and the (supportive) parents of a gender awesome/curious/questioning almost 7-year old.

I almost don't want to share it because I find it so appalling (and not for the reasons the "whistleblower" wants me to find it appalling) but there are so many things wrong in it and I also find it telling that it came from Bari Weiss' publication:

I Thought I Was Saving Trans Kids. Now I’m Blowing the Whistle.

24. Yeah I'm seeing a lot of red flags in this. The fear-mongering, the buzzwords, the inflammatory tone, the way it reads like it's ticking a lot of easily debunkable anti-trans clichés written under the disguise of "caring" about children. It contains no sources or references to actual data for the claims it makes as well, just anecdotes which is very typical of stuff of that kind, but the reactionaries who will stumble upon it won't care. It's an emotionally manipulative and misleading article written with a clear agenda in mind.

25. A solid video that could be shown in response, debunking a lot of the common rhetoric surrounding and weaponizing trans kids.