Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The LGBTIQ Rights and Discussion Thread Social • Page 30

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

morgantayler, mad, Contender and 2 others like this.
  2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Posted this in the Mental Health thread and I thought maybe it could be of help for someone in this thread.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

ugman_2000 and skogsraet like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

skogsraet and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i like contra, and i'd rec a follow. just wanted to share these tweets b/c i'm interested to see how this discussion will turn out.

8. Malatesta

laci kinda seems to have gone off the rails lately yikes

also just to be clear these are the other people going on good lord

contra is really good though

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I simultaneously hink Contra is doing the right thing given the circumstances, but also don't fuck with Laci at all (or especially the other two guests for that matter).

10. Malatesta

yeah i get contra's reasoning, although i do think that's a road to hell (not that contra is on that route, but laci is like apparently this far gone?)

like was she always this bad and i just didnt realize? she's literally platforming with a TERF and a girl who says BLM is a hate group and said refugees should be gassed. like baby what is you doing

e: also i read megan's tweet again about how TERF is a slur and i cant right now lolololol

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it's somehow not even an unique position

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

OK but what is the alternative lol. like Blair and Meghan are getting a platform. so what would happen without someone on the other side being able to handle them? we (leftists/progressives) come across like we can't defend our positions while all these pricks get to speak, and nobody will be telling them why they're harmful, so there will be no challenging of their positions.

skogsraet likes this.
  13. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Laci is over party.

Also, follow Garret and Tim, they're awesome :heart:

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

15. Malatesta

Yeah, I get it, just goddamn shame on laci for platforming these two fuck heads.

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I know nothing about any of those people you guys are talking about, but the world does need more NB representation. People can't even get their heads around binary transition let alone non-binary/agender/etc (and the latter includes way too many binary trans people IMO)

also I finally scraped that fuckin HRC sticker off my bumper today, felt good man

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Thread

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Contender likes this.
  19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. Malatesta

Pulling ya over here so it's a little more relevant. Yeah, cis feminism, like white feminism and straight feminism, is at high risk for this kind of shit. While I've never been a huge fan of laci - just have a hard time focusing on videos haha - I wish this were surprising, but considering back in 2012 she also used the word tranny I guess it really isn't. I imagine her relationship with a dude who's all about the anti pc internet shit expedited and/or brought it to the surface, but as soon as she platformed Blaire white and a terf idgaf anymore you spouting some sex essentialist bullshit that fundamentally undercuts your feminism.

AelNire likes this.
  22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

http://azc.cc/2uXu7Nd

Contender and skogsraet like this.
  23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

skogsraet and Contender like this.
  24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

25. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

r/science is doing a week on transgender health etc if anyone is interested. Pro tip: only read the doctors' comments. Even the politest of questions are making me feel....weird.