Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The LGBTIQ Rights and Discussion Thread Social • Page 28

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

It's another thing every fucking day. God I'm so tired of this.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Little things in the scheme. Mom posted a FB memory today of my brother and dad, captioned "My guys, Billy and BIll, blah blah blah" and I know she didn't do it on purpose, but MOM YOU FORGOT A GUY. YOU HAVE A THIRD GUY.

I have the energy to write it here and in one other place, but not to actually text her about it and have that discussion. Literally all she would need to do here is edit the first part to "Two of my guys," to satisfy me, but I can't make myself write the text.

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So were you not in the picture? If so, should she have captioned it "two of my guys"? Also, not sure if you mentioned it on here but has your mom been supportive of your transition?

7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

No I was not in the picture. The edit would suffice. Overall yes she has. Probably better suited for the mental health thread why I have issues with talking to her about shit lol.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

mad and skogsraet like this.
  10. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i really like Tsai Ing-wen

11. How do you all deal with hypermasculine-and-macho-but-I-supposedly-respect-everyone men ? I struggle with these kind of people so much more now that I identify as non-binary and feel better in my body.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I try to avoid them because they make me deeply uncomfortable

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My neighbor is one (though he does venture into racist territory on occasion). He still thinks I'm a lesbian and I'm probably keeping it that way. I interact with him as little as humanly possible.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. This is what I'm finally beginning to do. I guess I accepted I can't change them...

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

While I think it is possible for a masculine person to embody everything that is attractive about masculinity, there are a bunch of different factors in play. Obviously the toxic, hypermasculine, stereotypical behaviours are gross and need to just go away forever, but there is a fair subset of that set of behaviours that women, femmes, ngb people, and hell even mascs have internalised and normalised by sheer survival instinct if not a number of other defense mechanisms, external pressures, or internal struggles.

If we're being honest, I avoid every situation in which I can conceive of my gender becoming a focal point. And in public situations I either stick to the shadows or overcompensate with my repressed rage by proxy of feigned aggression.

You feel better in your body now that you identify as non-binary is the takeaway. So far what I've found is that you have to use that to harden yourself to basically all of existence. It's not really as hopeless as it seems though. Mostly people shut the fuck up when challenged in public, and in private exploring your true self more than makes up for the oppression you feel pressing inward.

Best advice I can give: when you're alone turn your music up and dance or sing/scream your heart out. It's basically building up a well of self-love that you can draw upon when shitty things happen.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Shakriel likes this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

BirdPerson and Shakriel like this.
  22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

[​IMG]

23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I have difficulty articulating exactly what I want to say when it comes to serious topics, so I apologize if this comes off weird. Do you find that it's more difficult in person to deal with men like that than it is online? Or is it difficult all the time?

Side note: I constantly lurk in here for the education. Thank you all for that.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen