Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (Mike Mitchell, February 8, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy hell, you can watch the first Lego movie for FREE on youtube all day today!

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

It's still going for me even though it's no longer the 23rd. Honestly I hope this leads to more studios do stuff like this whenever they're about drop a sequel to one of their films and they let you stream the first one for no charge!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

smart and funny and nice and good

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

AWasteOfATime and Joe like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well that was (also) fun

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Likely going to go on Saturday. I never saw Lego Batman (or Ninjago) - Should I watch either? (I'm not really a Batman fan)

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Lego Batman is quite good. It has references to Batman that for the most part won't be too dependent on knowing the comics/other films, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Ninjago you can go ahead and skip

riotspray likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks. I was afraid Lego Batman would be too referential, but I've seen enough of the Batman movies that I'd probably get the broader references. I may give it a shot.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Batman was great but pretty predicated on your familiarity with the character/universe, ninjago sucked ass

riotspray likes this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was fairly fun. Definitely has way too much going on and some songs that are shoehorned in. The end credits song is absolutely fantastic.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Idk. Lego batman kinda soured me on the franchise. I hated Lego batman and what went from a surprise sorta nostalgia hit...has now just become another useless series.

riotspray likes this.
  15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This was fine. I definitely felt like this had a reason to exist unlike something like Incredibles 2, but it doesn't even come close to the first.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, Incredibles 2 was miles better than this.

17. Serh Jan 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this was enjoyable. Not on the level of the first, it takes just a bit too long for things to get going. I like that we seem to get at least a little more Lucy this time around. I'm also worried that Lego Batman (EDIT: The character, not the film) is gonna get old faster than we might think. Regardless, this is still a good time with some GREAT (if sporadic) one-liners I LOVED the Radiohead reference

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, it's nice how much I enjoyed Tiffany Haddish's character in this given how afraid I was of getting sick of her whole thing

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Its a solid 7. Not the original but a fine and very fun sequel that has a couple of good twists and funny jokes.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whoa Beck Robyn and Lonely Island

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

best part imo

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely the best part of the movie. It's good song on its own, but really needs the credits rolling for the jokes to connect.

EDIT: This is apparently a shortened version. It's way longer during the credits.

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah i think the version in the movie has them actually reading some of the names

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this def took awhile to get going , even with Garfunkel and Oates doing the opening song, but it was worth it for the message at the end which was very good
    the songs weren't memorable per se but they were fun which is just as important sometimes , get Tiffany Haddish in a Disney movie stat
    Tiffany Haddish and Stephanie Beatriz were both great
    Maya Rudolph was an amazing surprise

ChaseTx, GrantCloud and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Wow. This was a great film. I cried a bit.

ChaseTx likes this.