Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Lego Batman Movie (McKay, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

This was far more amazing than I think anyone was really expecting it to be. Just non-stop jokes, the entire time. If something didn't land, that's okay because before you can think about it 3 more rapid fire jokes have your sides splitting.

I wonder if this technically he continuity with The Lego Movie. It certainly feels like it does, but it felt kind of odd to go through the whole "Batman is alone" thing and not mention that WildStyle just left him.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. I was def trying to look through those pictures on his wall to see if I could see Wild Style in any of them as a little easter egg, didn't find anything though. The only things that seemed to transfer over were the concept of "master building" and the voices of the other superheroes, like Channing and Jonah. Didn't mind at all though, this was obviously capable of standing on its own two feet!

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I also loved Ellie saying Batman like Phoebe says Spiderman

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

My God this movie was fucking hilarious. I absolutely loved it.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Loved every second of this. 100% comparable to The LEGO Movie in terms of quality, although I think the original was better. Still, I had some concerns going in but it wound up being everything I wanted. And Zach Galifianakis was a great Joker.

6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loved it. Thought it was even better than the Lego movie, but I'm a super biased since it's Batman. The first act was flawless. Few times in the theater when I was the only one laughing. Doug Benson was the best, I wish there would have been more Zouks. Alfred was really great, I loved when he put on the Adam West outfit. My only real issue is that I wish they would have stuck with Batman's rogue gallery instead of all the monsters and villains from the phantom zone. Didn't really think any of them were that great besides Kemper of course.

When Batgirl was going through all her names I heard a little girl ask her parent "why not Batwoman?" and I wanted to be give her all of my Batwoman comics.

JRGComedy, Tim and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. This movie was everything I wanted it to be and more - what fun!

Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah this was super fun. Now I want all the Lego sets

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I didn't love it as much as The Lego Movie, but this was still really good. Definitely need to go back and rewatch it because the jokes go so fast, and is kind of a shame that this huge cast of comedians gets so few lines on average. I liked the mashup aspect of the Phantom Zone (Agent Smith got a laugh), though I kind of wished they took it further.

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

What a blast. I'd be completely fine if the Lego DCU replaced the live action one.

Can't believe Crazy Quilt appeared in a DC film. Can't believe we got a Lego Batman movie before Wonder Woman got one live action one.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Movie was such a blast. I thought it was so funny how the family portrait was a selfie of Bruce and his parents right before they were murdered. What a nice touch.

I'm not sure how people thought it drug a bit at the end, but maybe I was just on such a high from seeing Gremlins hanging out with DC characters :-)

Someone needs to get fired from their job.

:-O

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

To clarify, I don't dislike Batman. Superhero/comic stuff just isn't really my thing.

13. Davjs

Trusted

The Greasy Strangler is a superhero though! (well, at least in my mind)

JRGComedy and suicidesaints like this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

He does shoot rope like Spiderman.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

suicidesaints likes this.
  16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm all about the ropes, baby

Davjs likes this.
  17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Nice.

18. I'm totally okay with Lego replacing the DCU.

19. Possibly my favorite joke in the whole movie. Although the term "street meat" also made me die laughing.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  20. Girlfriend? You mean "girlbuddy"?

:crylaugh:

21. Also if you have an iPhone you should activate Siri and say "hey 'puter"

;-)

Chummel likes this.
  22. Haha Jason beat me to it

23. This was a lot of fun. Died at "Get them a couple chimichangas and 3 Jarritos."

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

So that dog like vehicle he kept driving in, I don't recognize it from the comics or anything. I thought I read about something like that appearing in the Justice League movie during the set visit reports.

If that is true, then that's the deepest of all deep cuts. Referencing a movie that isn't even out yet.