Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 97

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I am pretty sure that once you leave the great plateau you can go right to the castle if you dared.

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I actually like that it’s not a hard requirement to complete all dungeons like in previous games, because you can complete shrines, power up armor, get more hearts, get the master sword, and have enough power to beat ganon without even stepping foot in a dungeon. Not that it makes the actual story of the game secondary, because I’d wager 97% of players will beat all beasts before attempting ganon, but it really adds a whole new layer to an “open world” concept, like you can literally just do your own thing as soon as you get off the plateau.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The speed run for this game takes like 30 minutes, you can go right to the castle.

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

How many of the shrines are just sitting out there in the wilderness? I've only done like 64 of them and I feel like I've looked everywhere

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there's 42 shrine quests, which means there are 42 shrines that need a little work to access, so 78 of them are out in the wild

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

reminded of how much i absolutely LOVE the score/soundtrack to this game

theagentcoma and recall reality like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yes the soundtrack is beautiful and totally original

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

If I'm purely following the main story am I basically at the halfway point if I've done two Divine Beasts? Or is there more between finishing all four and going to the castle?

9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

You’re about halfway, yes.

tdlyon likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i really wanna buy this. i’ll spend a day to see if i can convince myself that it’s a bad idea

11. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anyone get the DLC yet? Is it worth it?

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The DLC is real fun and easily worth the $19.99 if it's even still that much

15. zigbigwig

yea they added enemies on platforms supported by octoroks and that was fun to see for the first time. made some areas more interesting too

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the 12 additional shrines/boss battles/monk battle were also a fun addition

17. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Yes.

Trail of the Sword was a lot of fun. Sort of like Eventide Island where you're stripped of items and given conditional combat challenges. You have to overcome 45 rooms feature some of the most interesting combat-puzzle design in the game. You might be put into a large, multi-layered rooms featuring a constant, central updraft that you can ride around as they fight well-equipped bokoblins, or use limited resources to stave off the cold while you fight in the snow or one even plays out as a river raft battle. It's hard but it was fun to overcome. The increased power and durability Master Sword you get rules.

Champions' Ballad is a pretty awesome story quest that involves 16 new shrines and a dungeon that's probably better than the divine beasts... assuming you liked the physics puzzles that were the divine beasts. And a new boss battle that isn't a Ganon blight!

You might think you've seen the whole map but Hero's Path will show you that you aren't even close and there's probably some interesting areas you haven't seen. Luckily the Master Cycle Zero is a quick and fun way to explore.

New costumes to find etc.

I haven't done Master Mode yet... trying to forget as much of the game as I can and then I'm going to try that replay without the HUD.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

I really want to put more time into this, but I started too many games during the summer and now that work has returned my time is really limited.

zigbigwig likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

quit work you coward

Henry, Jake W, recall reality and 4 others like this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

I was playing seven, but I finished Aria of Sorrow today so I am down to 6. I did find the first memory in Breath of the Wild, though.

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Oh my I totally forgot about the memory hunting! That seems forever ago I did that.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

In the scenes when she actually speaks, Impa reminds me of maz from star wars haha

23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I have finished 69 shrines so I think I'll stop there

24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just got to 70 :P

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

It is kind of sad seeing how obviously the Sheikah slate was going to be a stand-in for the Wii U Gamepad before they stripped out all of that functionality to make it cross-platform.