Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 94

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I liked doing the side missions/shrine quests because it helped me not feel like i was just blowing through the main story which is relatively short to begin with.

2. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I actually enjoyed collecting them all. Definitely saw a lot of neat areas I would have otherwise missed looking for them. I think some of the Korok puzzles are kind of fun.

Signifire likes this.
  3. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Side quests and shrines were way more fun and challenging if you ask me. I especially loved all the Kass quests.

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Those freaking Lynels are hardcore, way harder than any of the dungeon bosses. I just happened upon one in a snowy field last night by the North Lomei Labyrinth and it took me like 5 tries to beat it. And then I turn a corner and there are two more!!

stayillogical likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

defeating my first Lynel gave me a larger sense of accomplishment than completing the entire game

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The first time I beat one was when I tried to ride the giant horse back to the guy in Faron, it took me a few tries as well.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i spent days, literal days, trying to beat the Lynel in Shatterback Point when you're collecting the lighting arrows, before realizing you can just sneak around it lol

My first Lynel kill was the one that you encounter on your climb to the top of the castle. Close quarters are actually the best way to fight them IMO.

theagentcoma and morgantayler like this.
  8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

The silver Lynels just never get any damn easier

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Lynels are super easy if you can flurry rush consistently and shoot them in the face to mount them.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. Signifire

Idk I never got the hang of like the top tier ones. The last thing I remember doing in the game is trying to collect enough dragon scales to make a super powerful healing potion for Lynel fights lol.

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The real challenge is starting Master Mode and beating the white lynel on the plateau before you leave it

12. theagentcoma

I read that you can just Stasis+ them, shoot them in the face with an arrow to stun them when Stasis ends, mount them and beat them down, then repeat

13. Signifire

Yeah you can but Stasis only lasts about a second for the more difficult opponents.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also dont you have to wait until you get Stasis+ to do that?

15. Greg

Yes. And it’s the upgrade that requires three cores which are rare early in the game.

I never use stasis on lynels anyway

16. Greg

Yes, only because one mistake will kill you.

17. Greg

I mean, they all attack the same way. Red vs silver is irrelevant beyond how long it takes, IMO.

18. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I know there are better approaches but I stasis+ the hell out of all the Lynels lol

theagentcoma and ComedownMachine like this.
  19. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I just did this quest the other day and when I saw there were 2(!) lynels I just booked it and ran past them

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The first one was just in a lot smaller space so at the time I wasn't sure I could ride past it. The second I definitely just rode on the very side of the canyon and avoided it.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  21. Signifire

Idk lol I have no trouble with the easier ones and a hell of a lot of trouble with the black and silver ones. Could be because I rely on stasis and also sometimes it won’t allow you to mount the more difficult ones as easily. Plus their attacks do a shitload more damage. *shrug*

22. theagentcoma

Yeah the Savage one near the North Labyrinth was tough af and there are two more over there!!

23. Greg

Doesn’t allow you to mount? What do you mean? The process to mounting a Lynel is the same no matter the type.

24. Signifire

It’s been a while since I played, but isn’t there a smaller window that you’re able to mount it? Or maybe you have to be closer to do it? Idk I could be wrong. Maybe I’m just not as good at the game as you lol.

25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I can never consistently pull off the advanced lynel fighting techniques so my strategy is always have a lot of food and try to get as many hits as I can