Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

The tower with all the fucking electric enemies is still I think the most I struggled with anything in this game. That fucking tower still haunts me in my sleep like 14 months later.

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Man, I thought getting all the Korok seeds would be a pain in the ass. Trying to get all three of the monster medals from Kilton is starting to kick my ass. There's so many Hinoxes.

3. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I thought Thunderblight Ganon was hard but that was also my first boss battle. I really did those things in the worst order.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I was a little disheartened as well but I think they honestly tried to make the dungeons themselves more tricky than the boss battles, i was stuck for days trying to figure out how to access some of the sheikah portals. each boss has their own specific attack strategy but the overall battle is the same rinse repeat.

I think the game's natural path would dictate that you do the desert one last, and probably for good reason, i found everything about the desert portion of the story to be the hardest parts overall.

5. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Once I got to Kakariko Village I definitely embraced the openness and just explored for a while. Eventide Island was one of the first really interesting places I ended up and then I went west after that and ended up in the desert.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Oh man eventide island was my Everest for SO LONG lol such a cool aspect of the game though, I felt so freaking accomplished once I finally finished it.

But yeah, the game definitely points you in a certain direction for at least the first little while, Kakariko -> Hateno -> Zoras -> Goron and then kinda lets it open up a little IMO and allows you to kind of choose your own destiny. After I completed the Zoras portion, I went rogue. I was so fascinated by things outside of the main story. Finding all the memories was maybe the most fun part of the game for me other than all the exploring/climbing mountains and towers.

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah embrace exploring and just jumping into things because once you understand everything and can kill all the monsters easily it can get less interesting

8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I passed by Hateno once really early on in the game and couldn't find it for like 15 hours so I just went and did the Zora thing lol

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I did Goron last I think. I think I went Zora/Gerudo/Rito/Goron

10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

This thread makes me want to start the game over but then I think about it and maaaaaan it seems so exhausting haha

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Same but there’s also a ton I still haven’t done. Haven’t finished all the side quests. Haven’t done trial of the sword

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t done trial of the sword either, i forgot about it actually guess I have to do that now!

13. dorfmac

Trusted

throwback from the new chance album: "we go high" samples navi saying "hey!" from ocarina of time

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

love that this is where i find out the new chance album has dropped

dorfmac likes this.
  15. dorfmac

Trusted

i'm a team player, man

zigbigwig likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i love the new chance

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Me every time I open this thread lol

waking season likes this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

After 2 full play-throughs, i dont necessarily have the desire to start from scratch again but i may turn it on this weekend and roam the plains

19. theagentcoma

Got the Master Sword last night. The frame rate really tanks when you get to Korok Village

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished the first Divine Beast (the Zora one) and I'm finally starting to feel less overwhelmed by the game lol. I think I'm gonna not force myself to do sidequests unless I specifically want to

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

Beat the Goron dungeon last night, only have the Gerudo one left. I've heard it's best to save that one for last.

I also read that there are 900 Korok seeds???? I will never 100% this game but I'm ok with that.

22. dorfmac

Trusted

i did.

it's really only worth doing so you can tell people on chorus that you did it.

other than that, i've seen no benefits.

stayillogical likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

“Bragging” rights just to say you did it. That’s the only reason. You only need like 400 some to max your inventory.

24. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Collecting all of them is also a good way to explore the whole map though I feel like. Having said that I only have like 350 or something.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Is this game kind of like Skyrim where the side quests basically ARE the game? I've kind of just been sticking to the main story (went right from finishing the Zora Divine Beast to going to the Goron one) and I'm really enjoying that and not feeling overwhelmed about it but I don't want to miss all the good shit