Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 92

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure the map is like Saint's Row 2 where it was the same exact place, but drastically different because new people had taken over and built new buildings and everything. So you can explore places you loved or thought you knew from the first game and see a completely different thing.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

that would be awesome. and it would be such a huge contrast to how vibrant Hyrule is in BOTW.

and I know it's a pretty loose timeline, but maybe they add an easter egg on how the korok becomes extinct because there's like less than 10 of them in Windwaker

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

So I'm at 30+ hours and I've only defeated the Divine Beast in the Zora Realm. Just kinda doing shrines and unlocking towers as I go. I've only done 36 shrines and I choose heart containers every time. What was everyone else's approach?

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

First I did as many towers as I could so I would have a full map and could go anywhere if needed. Didn’t follow the actual roads at all. I also got hearts in order to get the master sword quickly, but I regretted it because having tons of stamina is way more valuable for exploring, plus you can switch them out with that one demon statue once you have enough to get the sword.

I also should have done the bird beast first since that special ability is the only useful one for exploring. The one tower surrounded by water and electric enemies and the one surrounded by calamity goo that you can’t destroy were a huge pain in the ass without it

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

I just started this. I am frustrated how often I die, and I must have missed where you were supposed to get winter clothes, but the game is very good and the things that made me put off the game (120 shrines, weapons that break, non-linearity) work within the context of the game.

Signifire and zigbigwig like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I completed the Zora tasks and then didn’t touch main story again until I unlocked all the towers and did another 20-30 shrines. It’s so beneficial IMO to at least get like 40-50 shrines under your belt before attempting most of the main story because the health/stamina aspect is so crucial considering how weak and underpowered you are from the start (at one point early on I was forced to try to beat Vah Ruta’s blight with a branch and it went about as well as you can imagine).

The towers aren’t crucial to do right away but I just love exploring and getting the map open as much as possible. As far as my strategy for health/stamina, I went hearts off the bat for my first like 20 shrines just to get the health up, but once you start to power up your armor and get better weapons, it seemed less vital to keep powering up the health, and I went stamina for a long while. Don’t underestimate how important stamina is especially when you need to climb a lot.

morgantayler and theagentcoma like this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I did 25 shrines, divine beast, repeat. Then I did the remaining shrines, DLC, hyrule castle

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I think my first playthrough of the game I finished it with only half or 3/5 of the shrines finished. And my progress varied greatly. Some days I just breezed through 2 towers and a divine beast, and then there was that time I spent 3-4 days running around the snow area. Didn't even get any new shrines. I pretty much just lived there lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I did whatever shrines on the way to Zora’s Domain. Then I just explored and did towers and shrines. I tried to equally increase my hearts and stamina until I found out about the master sword.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This is also a huuge “wish-i-had-known”. If you’re in this for the first time, absolutely take this advice. I use this ability THE most of the abilities hands down, (i guess aside from Mypha’s ability which is used automatically when needed).

Marx&Recreation and theagentcoma like this.
  11. theagentcoma

lol I did those two towers the hard way, I guess I know which beast I'm taking down next haha

12. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

For a long ass time I would just find the highest point possible, then look for shrines, paraglide over to the shrine while exploring as I went, and repeat. With this strategy I should have thought to get to each of the towers instead lol which would have basically accomplished the same thing. But idk I just absolutely loved to climb all the mountains and see how far my stamina wheel would take me. Like that forgotten ruins or whatever towards the beginning of the game I basically just climbed my way through it.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow they really just throw you into this game, don't they? I've already died like 5 times just trying to get to the first three shrines for the old man lol

14. Morrissey

Trusted

You do die a lot, but I have noticed it auto saves right before you come across something dangerous.

I always used guides for previous Zelda games, but this one I am trying on my own. I looked up two shrine puzzles, but other than that I have tried to refrain. I am climbing too much instead of taking the path, so I missed the guy starting the Korok seed quest the first time I went to Karariko. The last thing I did before stopping last night was increasing my stamina, so it will just get worse.

15. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Lol I missed him altogether and finally like 200 hours in I looked up where to find him. it’s kinda crazy how you can just miss something that integral to the game.

16. theagentcoma

I've died like 50+ times probably, I'm pretty reckless in this game lol

This is what I'm doing. I've looked up how to do a few shrines but other than that I'm just trying to figure stuff out!

Finally got to Rito Village yesterday, getting ready to take on the second beast.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I got through a ton today, did the first visit to both Kakariko Village and the one after that where the research lab is

I'm absolutely loving this so far

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

Just landed in the bird Divine Beast. These fights before you get into the Beasts are so cool.

recall reality likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The desert one was my favorite pre-battle

20. Morrissey

Trusted

How much shrine grinding should one do before going after the main stuff? Should health or stamina be prioritized, or equal?

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Knowing how difficult it gets so quickly, id say try to #shrinegrind at least 20-30 shrines to get yourself 3-4 additional hearts and some more stamina before really jumping into the story. Prioritize hearts first until youre at like 7 or 8 then get stamina.

Signifire likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

What the fuck is the point of the statue outside the town with the research lab that takes hearts or stamina away, like what's the upside?

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

If you want to have more stamina and have an excess of hearts or the other way around

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ooohh lol I feel like it didn't explain it very well

25. theagentcoma

just beat the bird boss thing. These bosses in the Divine Beasts are not challenging at all