The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 91

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

Trusted Prestigious

still can’t move on from this. can’t believe my favorite game of all time is getting a sequel

2. Maybe it will just.be BOTW 2 lol

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

My assumption is that this one will dive deeper into the ancient history of the Shiekah and the Guardians/Divine Beast. Pretty sure in BotW all they give us is “The Shiekah made the Guardians thousands of years ago to fight Ganon, and they’ve been buried underneath Hyrule Castle since then.”

Given that Calamity Ganon easily took over the Guardians/Beasts, either the lore is false or the Shiekahs messed up big time

incognitojones likes this.
  4. incognitojones

www.notlovely.com Supporter

I'd love a cult like subset of the Sheikah society that wanted to bring about the calamity and not protect Hyrule from it. So they created flaws in the technology that could be supported.

If this is a non-Ganon sidequest kind of storyline with a narrative gimmick and a playable Zelda I'll be so into it. If its just like more breath of the wild stuff that's fine too but I'd really like them to make a change in style while playing with the same world.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just want character development pls

6. justin.

我不在乎

7. tvck

Dirk is my savior

I'm in

8. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

I'm going to say this is their tentpole game for Q4 2020. 3,5 years should be enough to make what is essentially a spin-off, especially at the level of fidelity a Switch game is aiming at.

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. justin.

我不在乎

10. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

*record scratch*

11. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

YEEE HAW

12. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

I take that to mean maybe pushing the open world boundaries of BotW even further in this new one, maybe introducing a lot more side work. I am, as they say, here for it.

Signifire, mescalineeyes and tvck like this.
  13. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

Couple of dungeons

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No dungeons, no buy.

15. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

16. White

I long for death. Prestigious

Is there any reasonable way to interpret "the same Hyrule" as meaning anything other than literally the same Hyrule? Because if it is actually the same map, that's gonna disappoint the piss out of me.

17. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

It’s a very narrow translation, for now let’s just say it’s the same universe. If it’s the same map, it will be changed or transformed substantially, don’t worry

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted

Jacob Tender likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

Trusted Prestigious

hyrule royale squad based

angel paste and mescalineeyes like this.
  20. zigbigwig

Trusted Prestigious

yeah. im even more excited thinking about going that route. treading the same areas and seeing what changed is going to give so much feels.

i kinda want them to make it a sequel to botw in the sense that you really need to have played the original game to follow the story. and then make the game more challenging and just flesh old mechanics out more or just introduce more complicated stuff (while maintaining good design ofc).

i guess something similar to how they did the 3 different starcraft 2 games. you could feel the difficulty ramp up with every game, and you could play the sequels first but the game really relies on having them played sequentially. dont know i think i just miss the mass effect style sequels where there’s some sort of investmen

mescalineeyes likes this.
  21. mescalineeyes

DEATH MINUS

I co-sign this post 100%

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

Backed.

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Watched a video where they played it in reverse in a few different speeds. Creep as hell.

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

great now im gonna go play botw over again there goes my weekend thanks guys

justin. and zigbigwig like this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I started my 4th play through last night!

Sean Murphy likes this.