Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 88

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I don't get this logic. Some people (like me) like direction in games and like being able to see everything and don't want to waste the time or don't have the time to try and find everything on our own.

If BOTW is a game that's supposed to "let you play anyway you want" then shouldn't people do just that?

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I only ever looked up guides for specific areas / missions / etc.

A general guide could lead you down a single path, which would take away a lot of the fun imo. After I got off the plateau I immediately went west into the mountains and the tower that you need to use the metal boxes to reach. Getting there meant being careful to avoid all these crazy strong monsters or else get my shit split in one attack. The stress and challenge of randomly finding yourself in a really difficult spot makes the game fun - once you’re so good that you can beat a white hammer lynel without getting hit then it stops being as enjoyable

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Agree, also for people who don't have the free time to discover everything on accident. If it was back in my younger antisocial days I probably wouldn't have used any guides.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's situational and every gamer is different. I don't have the patience or the energy to find every little nook and Easter egg, so I'd prefer being able to look at a guide, see what interests me and pursue that.

If it were a more traditional Zelda game (post OoT) I wouldn't look up a guide because the gamers tend to be much more linear and more of an epic quest as opposed to a "create your own experience" type of deal.

Neither is wrong or bad, just means I approach each one differently.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I initially was kind of just following the main quest at first but before I took on the first dungeon I decided I wanted to get all the towers before progressing in the game and I would hit up all the visible shrines along the way. It was so fun seeing all the locations and earning spirit orbs that I didn’t trade in until the end of that quest. Not upgrading until after made the journey more difficult than it should have been, but it helped me learn a lot of different ways to face various obstacles.

I remember the central tower scaring me as I had no clue how to handle guardians yet. I just climbed from ledge to ledge just getting to a hiding spot in time.

I think the Woodland tower gave me trouble. The ridge tower surrounded by water and Lizalfos and that goddamn wizzrobe kicked my ass. I didn’t really know about elixirs yet at this point. The Akkala tower was the hardest for me by far. When I went it wouldn’t stop raining so I tried to take the path up. I kept running into the flying guardians and getting destroyed. I tried and failed to shield parry again and again.

God I love this game.

Jonathan and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I have PTSD from the one time I made it up to the tower surrounded by electric enemies without Revali’s Gale. Fucking nightmare

Jonathan and Jim like this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This is what I did for the most part but I may have done one or two of the divine beasts.

Lmao for Central Tower I literally glided all the way to it and then climbed up the rest of the way while the guardians were shooting at me.

I had a lot of trouble with the Ridgeland Tower that was surrounded by water and electric wizzrobes and lizalfos.

8. musicfan10

Trusted

I just need the best walkthrough to save time. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I just YouTubed parts I was stuck on

11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Haha to be fair I only played a few hours total in that time. I’ve played lots of Odyssey and Smash and Kart.

12. dorfmac

Trusted

I bought the hardcover guide book because it looked sweet. I didn't refer to it often during the playthrough, but it came in clutch when trying to get the last few shrines or last few hundred koroks.

Jonathan likes this.
  13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I still get the itch to go back and complete all the shrines. I know I still have a few of the strength test ones. I wish there was a way to obtain like 50 ancient arrows real quick.

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i want to re-start this whole thing but i get exhausted at the thought of it haha

dorfmac and Jonathan like this.
  15. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

This one? There's a few on Amazon, but that looks nice!

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i did this a few months ago haha, it was fun to do it in a different order.

17. dorfmac

Trusted

That’s not the one, but it does look sweet!

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ve used ancient arrows maybe 5 times. It’s waaaay more fun to shield parry and do the slowed down attacks.

stayillogical likes this.
  19. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

If you can remember/find it on Amazon, would you mind sharing a link (pun intended)?

20. dorfmac

Trusted

21. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

22. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

23. chcougar1

Trusted

I also started a replay a few weeks ago. I did 20 shrines then the first dungeon and now I got all the towers, the master sword and 84 shrines. Probably going to do a second dungeon now lol.

I need to play the DLC stuff still so I will download that before I go beat the game too.

24. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I got this game over Christmas, and man oh man it kicked my ass early on. Now that I'm about halfway through with the master sword and two full stamina wheels it's gotten SO much easier.

There's also no way I could have comfortably tackled this game without outside help from guides and stuff, just no way lol.

25. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

So it sounds like there are multiple ways to play the campaign. I'm pumped to finally dig in this weekend between some Smash Bros.