Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 85

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Ugh the master sword trials. They are so overwhelming. Maybe I just suck.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

recently got back into it again, starting to use checklists to get things i had no clue existed lol

3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Lol I didn’t find the guy who upgrades your inventory slots until like 120 hours in, after looking it up. Climbed up too many mountains and missed that area entirely. Which accurately summarizes my time playing this game for the first 80 hours or so.

4. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I never finished BOTW. And it goes on a weird list for me of games that I truly believe are incredible yet I just don't care to finish. Fallout 4 is another as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X. I found that the repetitive gameplay outweighed my desire to complete the main story. Or maybe I just didn't feel like there was anything to chase or obtain. Anyone else feel this way by chance?

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I put down Fallout 4 within a month of starting, it bored me to no end. I never found BOTW to be repetitive, even finding shrines and climbing towers over and over was still fun. Each divine beast quest I guess it the same basic principle, theres someone or something you have to rescue or find to make your way to the beast, but most Zelda games are repetitive in that nature. It was never anything that took away from my enjoyment of the game.

6. circasurviver

Trusted

I didn’t feel that way, but my friend said it bored him to tears. He also said it’s easily his least favorite Zelda, even though he put nearly 200 hours into it. Lol

ComedownMachine likes this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

BOTW is my favorite game ever. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Jim and circasurviver like this.
  8. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I find there's a lot of trial (no pun intended) and error. I actually found the 'middle trials' to be much easier aside from the pitch black levels; but I just spammed the area with a fire rod that I saved from a wizorb at the start of the trials. I horded my good weapons too much too and ended up saving them for longer than needed. The final boss Hinnox was pretty easy actually aside from him grabbing a tree to attack me with at the final second..

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Fallout 4 just isn't that good unfortunately. It's not a terrible game, just seriously underwhelming when compared to 3 and New Vegas.

Breath Of The Wild can be difficult because it can be very aimless. You decide where to go and what to do. I personally think BOTW is around an 8/10. I truly believe you don't have to finish it to enjoy it because the ending is really meh. I have a lot of gripes about the game, but it does some things incredibly well.

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i really like in-game universe lore and shit like that and i'm glad this game has so much of it. benefits that it draws on much of the Zelda canon from before.
    like, the whole deal with the Seven Heroines in the Gerudo Desert, plus the missing Eighth off in the Highlands (or wherever it was)
    and then the story that one NPC that tells you about how the Akkala Citadel Ruins was basically where the Kingdom of Hyrule fell is just really interesting to me

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I loved hearing those stories as well, makes the game so much more interesting and i think makes you more emotionally invested in the story. I still want a Zelda movie so bad.

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I finally beat this today and man I’d forgotten how bittersweet it is to beat a Zelda game. There were a few things I would’ve changed like more enemy variety but overall I absolutely loved it.

airik625 and zigbigwig like this.
  13. musicfan10

Trusted

ok, so i have this game, and i need help. I just don't know where to go and what to do?
    do i need to buy a strategy guide ? someone help me out.

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Haha, go anywhere and do anything. If the enemies are too powerful, go a different way.

waking season likes this.
  15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

If you’re at the very beginning you do have to do a few things to get off the plateau. Otherwise you can do whatever you want whenever you want.

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

this game rules so much still

justin. likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

is there a way I can start this from the beginning without overwriting my existing game data? i want to play this again from the beginning so bad, and do things in different orders, but hell if i'm gonna erase what i've already done.

i miss when the games would have like 3-4 save slots.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I haven’t played this game since March. I was able to mount a bear and ride around on it but I don’t want to fall off and have to get another one. I turned the game on in June and a few weeks ago to ride around on the bear but then I turned it off.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

You can start a new user account on your switch/Wii u. The save data is tied to the user account.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

noice!

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Aren't there multiple save spots too? I would think you could start new and start a new save?

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Evey time i’s try to start new game it would always ask if i wanted to overwrite my existing data

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, yes. Definitely don't go down that route.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I've deleted/written over save slots in Ocarina and Majora's mask tons of times, but I cannot imagine overwriting this game's data.

Kennedy likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

1594C86C-A2AF-4D36-99CB-E58D3B862222.jpeg Just started over, already have accidentally jumped off the great plateau tower 3x forgetting i dont yet have the paraglider.

Also, is this new? I found it in an EX chesr over by the Ja Baij shrine...never found it while i was completing the game in the other file....