Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 84

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just think it's crazy that I have completed the entire story, have all outfits, have all shrines, have over 200 korok seeds, have explored damn near everywhere there is to explore in the game, and only have like 5 side quests remaining, and I still have not hit 40% completion on the game. What is the 60% I still have to do??? lol

EDIT: holy crap I just googled how to 100% complete the game and it turns out collecting all 900 Korok seeds is 72% of the games completion.

sean_rugy likes this.
  2. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Lol I’m like 140 hours into the game and just now figured out how to upgrade my inventory

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if I find them while randomly exploring that's all good, but I cannot imagine ever setting out with the intent to locate all 900 seeds.

4. dorfmac

Trusted

exactly how i felt. i still slogged through it, but it definitely wasn't fun all the way through like zelda was.

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I'm much more inclined to keep doing endgame stuff in BOTW than Odyssey, maybe cause I find the exploration more enjoyable.

I still intend to go back for the moons I missed cause I have a lot of fun when I'm actually playing, I just have less of a motivation to

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If I do then I won’t have the DLC which has the hard mode. I would have to pay for the DLC again on the new user account

7. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don’t think this is true. I only bought th dlc once and it is on mine and my wife’s accounts

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Oh really? I didn’t know DLC carried over. I’ll try that then

9. Signifire

Oh wow I just found the Zora Helm! I feel like I was supposed to have found this a loooong time ago haha. Also got the dark outfit today, the speed bonus is great.

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I was so bad at this game for the first ten hours that I took a three week break and am just gonna start again, goddamn this game is really hard.

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Is the final part of the Champion's Ballad difficult? Going to finally finish it tonight.

12. Signifire

Okay, getting started with the trial of the sword. So am I to understand that if I die after the beginning trials, I won’t have to do those trials again, and I will keep spawning at the second stage? I just died on like the 10th floor of the beginning trials and I’m heated lol.

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Once you beat one of the trials it unlocks the next stage. Pretty sure you just get sent back to the forest though, because each trial has specific items meant for it. So you choose the second trial when you’re in the forest and start that with nothing

Signifire likes this.
  14. Signifire

Finally made it past the beginner trials and started working on the next set of trials and holy shit this is hard. Ended up googling recipes for the longest-lasting potions so I can drink one before starting the trials and found out that adding a dragon horn to a recipe makes the effect last for 30 minutes. So now I’m farming dragon horns lol.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i finally started playing this for the first time in like a few months. beat my first lynel, hell yeah

AndrewSoup and oakhurst like this.
  16. Signifire

Protip: Take a picture of a treasure chest and set your Sheikah sensor to search for them. Been doing this with areas I haven’t visited yet and it really helps with making sure you fully explore your surroundings because treasure chests tend to be spread out and are often nearby Koroks and enemies.

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My son killed his first guardian yesterday. Although it was more luck than anything because of Daruk’s Protection. He’s pretty good for a soon to be 4 year old

I’ve been trying to do the trial of the sword but he always wants to play too so it never works out because he loses a lot of hearts

Signifire likes this.
  18. Signifire

I just encountered a Yiga clan enemy, the bigger guy, and I climbed up a tree and he disappeared, so apparently that’s a thing you can do to avoid those fights. Also found an area of the map with a section of woods that had like 50 trees, each with like ten apples in them, so I bombed the whole forest and collected them all.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think if you disappear from their view/range of attack they just vanish but they will come right back if you go down there.

20. Signifire

Yeah usually this seems to be the case but I think in this scenario the tree was just tall enough that he couldn’t see me anymore and vanished altogether.

21. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I need to pick this up and find my last 4 shrines but they’re impossible

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

shrine hunting was my favorite part of the game. i stopped playing the main store for nearly a month just to hunt shrines and explore everywhere

23. Signifire

All of my remaining shrines are shrine quests and I still need to find and initiate like four of them.

24. Played this for the first time in a year the other day. I had stopped in the middle of a divine beast dungeon and picking it up a year later was tough because I could not remember anything about the dungeon, it took me a good 15 minutes to feel comfortable with the controls again, etc.

Signifire and circasurviver like this.
  25. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I had a very similar experience. Completed the game last year with about 130 hours but I've come back into the DLC on the master sword trials. Not a smart move.