Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 81

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

It doesn’t really. I mean, I enjoy what thin stories they provide, but that’s not why I am invested in the games. I think they are better at crafting a feeling and a lived in world, than a story, if that makes sense.

The Lucky Moose and Kennedy like this.
  2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Fair enough - obviously the story is secondary to the actual game and gameplay... but a fun story definitely makes me love the game that much more

3. Dog with a Blog

To be honest, I’m not sure if I’d want a full fledged narrative. I kind enjoy the ambiguity of it all. I do wonder, when it comes to gameplay, where they go from here. They can’t just revert to their formula that they used for years, but they also shouldn’t make BOTW 2. They’ll have to change it up yet again, imo

Kennedy likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

I wouldn’t mind the BOTW freedom but with better dungeons cause the Beasts were not great. Thankfully, the shrines were pretty amazing.

Edit: also, despite these slights against it, I still think it’s like in the top 3 games I’ve ever played lol

5. Kennedy

yeah its interesting because like.... can they do the shrine thing again lol? i too feel like itll have to be pretty different
    totally agree, had the divine beast been better dungeons, this game would no brainer pass OOT for me, but theyre pretty neck and neck for me at this point

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The BotW story is definitely paper ass thin, but I still love the way they wrote Zelda. I don't know if a proper, fully fleshed out plot would even work in this series, but they could still do with some more character development. It's not every day I give a shit about someone in this series, but I did a bit about Zelda this time around.

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think this game has a pretty good backstory but the main story itself is really thin. Still love it though. I just got the DLC and my only complaint is how all the extra chests have “EX” on them. Takes you out of the game a bit.

8. Kennedy

When I say the game has a good story, this games story is basically the back story (with the memories and stuff), and i honestly don’t think it’s that thin

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I guess it’s more just that the story doesn’t really progress from the beginning when it’s all laid out. I suppose most Zelda games are like that though. I completely agree with you.

Kennedy likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Cardi B is link

AndrewSoup likes this.
  11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I enjoy the story of Link’s Awakening.

Surfwax and Henry like this.
  12. White Feb 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2018)
    White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Look, I don't walk now
    These is Hover Boots
    I don't fuck with Bombchu bowling
    I make rupees move

Sean Murphy likes this.
  13. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah I’m just gonna disagree that the story is thin. Everything with the memories and Link/Zelda is great. I just wish there was continuity between games though

Kennedy likes this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I come home today and my 3 year old is playing this and is actually killing bokoblins and lizalfos. He even entered a shrine.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

You have done well then

airik625, Taketimeandfind and Kennedy like this.
  16. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Your son is more of a man than me. I avoided enemies consistently until I left the Great Plateau

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Those lizalfos are tricky with their dang jump back dodges.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

He was playing my save file and I had just beat vah ruta in the champions ballad. He figured out how to glide and attack on his own. He even figured out how to use the camera rune. But he couldn’t figure out how to replace a weapon when it broke.

waking season likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

100%.

20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I am about to start trial of the sword...before i lose my mind having to restart this thing over and over, how many levels do you have to pass before you have to go all the way back to the beginning? I got through 5 and thought that would have been enough.

21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The first set of trials is 15 stages with a floor where you can find food, cook, and regroup.

22. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Might hop back on this today, been too busy to dedicate any time to it lately but I still have all of the DLC stuff to do and 20ish shrines

23. dorfmac

Trusted

i need to jump back into it as well. i've done everything but the trials because i was too frustrated after dying a few times. i'm still engrossed in skyrim, but when i decide i've finished (because does anyone ever actually finish?) i plan to trial so hard.

waking season likes this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

The champions ballad was pretty cool. The divine trial was a little challenging. Still need to do the master sword trials

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

bit the bullet and bought this yesterday

I am so unbelievably bad at this game but I don't think I've ever been as impressed by a work of art maybe ever

zigbigwig and Kennedy like this.