Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Found Robin Williams today :)

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Is that Robbie?! Or am I missing something?

3. zigbigwig

Also did the 7 heroines Shrines puzzle yesterday. It isn't exciting too watch, but the puzzle itself is pretty fun.

4. wordzanddreamz

That's a nod too, but there is an npc who looks just like him too! Happy hunting

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

ha that was great

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I started the Game today, only time for one shrine. Got my hangglider thing, chopped down some trees, drowned once, that's about it. My job is too demanding to speed through this, I'll probably finish in the summer time.

8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

kinda annoyed by all these shrines that are like "sorry no puzzle the real challenge was finding this thing". Just feels like a let down to not also get a puzzle inside the shrine itself.

9. chcougar1

Trusted

How did you get the paraglider if you only did one shrine? Haha

circasurviver likes this.
  10. chcougar1

Trusted

How many of these are there? I think there is a good amount of variation (hiding shrines, fighting a mini boss to open a shrine, and shrines with puzzles). There are 120 afterall.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Probably about 25. Tests of strength I'd put at around 30-40.

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Shoot, did the old man not give it to me? I finished the shrine, then came out to find him, and he told me to go to the top of the tower to try it out, or get a good view first. I just saved the game and didn't check my items.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

So, I've been outta here since basically release, but I'm nearing the end of this game, and man it might just be my favorite game ever. The only game I can waste half a day playing since Skyrim. I've freed all of the Divine Beasts, and am one Spirit Orb away from being able to go grab the Master Sword. I'm going to try to finish every shrine and all side quests before running over to Hyrule Castle and finishing the main story, as I really don't want the thing to end.

My observations (mild spoilers throughout):
    • I actually like most of the voice acting. I have heard much, much worse.
    • The Yiga Clan hideout was a highlight for me. I loved their excitedness when they discovered a set of bananas, and the decoy chest at the end with the bananas in it was brilliant trolling.
    • Wizzro in this game are awesome.
    • The Champions' stories, particularly Mipha's, added a lot of emotional resonance to the story in a series I feel like too often goes with the narrative that the world is hopeless without Link. It's nice to have a supporting cast of likable heroes in this one, and the fact that they had passed actually made me sad.
    • I wish that, in general, there was more of a threat in dungeons, particularly in order to add more of a need for stealthiness.
    • Doing the Zora Divine Beast first spoiled me, as I feel the elephant trunk was the most interesting mechanic. While the other three were still satisfying, the fact they all had variations of "rotate x degrees" was a bummer.
    • I am about 60 hours in, and there are still entire towns and minigames I've seen mentioned in here that I haven't stumbled upon yet. Such a rich world.
    • I loved the electricity based puzzles. The perfect balance of challenge with intuition.

That's what jumps out at me as memorable. I'm sure I could gush all day if I wasn't so scatterbrained.

ChiliTacos and Joe4th like this.
  14. zigbigwig

I'm on the same boat. It's coming to a point where some people I know starts getting skeptical when I tell them it might be the best game I've ever played. And it sort of gets on my nerves when they respond by trying to put the game down (and haven't even played it) using reviews and youtube videos (I mean if we're going that route BotW has like 40 or so perfect reviews). Like I haven't played videogames for the past 20+ years.

I always just emphasize that it's MY favorite game, not theirs.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. wordzanddreamz

20 tests of strength
    29 blessings
    71 puzzle

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I actually couldn't figure out how to distract the Yiga Clan with bananas so I just killed all of them

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You hold a banana, and then when the white circle comes up, you can press Up or Down to push/pull - just push as far away as you can and drop the banana.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can recommend traveling on the roads when you visit a new region for the first time. You'll meet more NPCs and find more stables.

21. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. delvec19

Trusted

I wish Revali's Gale was real.

electro haikus likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've never used a stable.

24. zigbigwig

You guys are barbarians.

sean_rugy and The Lucky Moose like this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I've only used stables to talk to the guy that tells you where memories are.