Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. alaskancurry

Same!

SpyKi likes this.
  2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

im excited to the point im actively trying not to think about it too much. only a little over a month away.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm so glad February is a short month

4. alaskancurry

Haha agreed!

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Not short enough.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

been watching various E3 gameplay footage for the past few hours and i couldn't be more hyped.

SpyKi and alaskancurry like this.
  7. circasurviver

Trusted

The most recent treehouse live footage was great. That Guardian he tried to get past was crazy, I also really like the horse taming stuff

8. SpyKi

I'm on blackout now. Not watching anything else. I almost wish I didn't watch the recent trailer.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't remember the last time I was more hyped for a game, pre-launch. I want to say it was probably for Twilight Princess, because that was also a highly-anticipated game launching with a highly-anticipated console. I don't even think I was this amped up for something like Fallout IV, honestly. The wait is excruciating.

10. SpyKi

The only time I might have been more hyped than this would be Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, ha.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I haven't watched any footage of the game other than the trailers. I'm also trying to avoid hyping this game up. I went into other Zelda games without any hype and enjoyed them, unlike Wind Waker, which I went into and over hyped it for myself.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I've watched very little footage. I want to go in as blind as possible.

dadbolt likes this.
  13. AndrewSoup

i am watching as much footage as i can because i am very poor and probably won't be able to afford this/Switch/even a WiiU anyway, lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Lucas27

Trusted

So what is everyone's favorite Zelda game? I always find this to be such an interesting question because the answers are so polarizing.

Cannot wait for this. I'm buying the Switch just for this game.

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wind Waker, followed closely by Minish Cap.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

My favorite is Skyward Sword

alaskancurry likes this.
  17. NitrateDawn

Regular

I really can't pick. Ocarina is the classic complete Zelda experience. Majora's Mask is the most symbolically and emotionally rich. Wind Waker is probably the most fun. Twilight Princess has some of the best moments in the Zelda series and has the best companion. Skyward Sword expands on Link and Zelda's relationship in a really beautiful way. They're all just as good for different reasons IMO. So hard to choose.

18. chcougar1

Trusted

A link to the Past still holds up as my favorite. Probably then Ocarina then Windwaker

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

A link to the past is my favorite for sure. Then...probably...uh, links awakening

20. AndrewSoup

hmmmm

mine is probably Wind Waker and Minish Cap. even though i just realized i never actually finished Minish Cap. that was the first one i bought tho (which i now can't find)

21. Lucas27

Trusted

These thoughts basically sum up my own. All five of the 3D Zelda titles have something special. I feel like Ocarina more or less has the full package of story, dungeons, and overall exploration, and it was the pioneer so it wins by default in my book. But Majora's Mask is one of the most surreal and emotionally complex games I've ever played. It really does amaze me that the game got the green light because it's so dark and weird. But it might be my personal favorite even if Ocarina is more objectively the best.

Wind Waker is a blast and, as a fan of exploration, the sailing really delivered. Twilight Princess felt empty from an exploration standpoint, but the dungeons were quite possibly the best in the series (outside of Ocarina at least) and I loved the darker atmosphere. Skyward Sword's story was beautiful, and I enjoyed the dungeons too, although the world was probably the least worthy of exploration. That was a bummer to me.

22. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I just finished Minish Cap which was the only Zelda game I hadn't completed. Really enjoyed it.

I'd say A Link to the Past is my favorite, followed by Wind Waker. I need to replay Ocarina of Time as I probably haven't played it in 15 years. I'm a huge Zelda fan and Breath of the Wild is the most excited I've been for a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.

alaskancurry and Lucas27 like this.
  23. NitrateDawn

Regular

Agree exactly with all of those things. I think about that game a lot.

Petit nain des Îles and Lucas27 like this.
  24. SpyKi

Ocarina's still mine. Just the definitive Zelda experience imo. At least until Breath of the Wild comes out.

alaskancurry and Lucas27 like this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

They just keep getting better ; the past 3 console ones are my fav. WW, TP, SS.

alaskancurry likes this.