Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I definitely like the more atmospheric approach. Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus a bit. Hope that feeling keeps up throughout

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this looks excellent. goddamn

3. circasurviver

Trusted

Fire Rod looks incredibly fun.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  4. I got to use the fire rod when I played the demo haha it was awesome.

Excited for this game, though if it's gonna be the same on WiiU as the NX performance-wise, I've no reason to look forward to the NX right now.

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

anyone know which Zelda timeline this game falls into?

6. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. DooDooBird

Trusted

I understand your concern, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final product is a lot different. I mean, I like to think Nintendo isn't giving it all away at the moment and there will be some changes/additions to what we've seen. Interested to see what this story is about.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

does anyone else think the graphics/textures look really bad? i know the wii u is capable of better, so it's just weird to me.

9. circasurviver

Trusted

I think that's more of the gouache paint art direction, than the limitations of the Wii U.

10. NitrateDawn

Regular

Man I wish I had a Wii U for this. Honestly think every Zelda game since Ocarina has been genius in their own ways. That plus everything I've heard about all the changes gives me complete faith in Nintendo to make this amazing.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Maybe Nintendo will release a new trailer around TGS this week. Come on Nintendo Direct

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I really hope they are telling the truth that there will be no difference between the Wii U and NX versions of the game. If they NX one is even remotely better, obviously that's the one to get. Which will just be another stab to all us poor Wii U owners.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The NX version will have to at least have better frame rates.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

Why shouldn't a console that is four years newer have better features?

Joel likes this.
  15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

hype hype hype

also is Link is the Spirit Realm when he opens his eyes at the end?

16. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I don't know about anyone else here, but that shot of Zelda sobbing in the rain has got me psyched!

It's been a long time since I've seen an image with relatively little context that's just burned itself into my memory like this. I'm not convince the narrative's gonna live up to what I have in my mind, and also not sure I'm sold on what appears to be Zelda's voice, but the way she throws her head back in despair, the raw emotion of it all... I think I kinda want to play the game just for that moment!

NitrateDawn and SpyKi like this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Have you seen the Japanese version? I like the voice acting way more.

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Woah! That drawn out scream gives it a totally different flavor.

Not sure which one I prefer to be honest...

SpyKi likes this.
  19. alaskancurry

I KNOW! Ugh that part is so emotional I love it

GEM37 likes this.
  20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

If I don't preorder a Nintendo Switch, I'll still get one in March, at least, right? Why would this be limited?

21. circasurviver

Trusted

Maybe April. Nintendo said they'll only be shipping 2 million worldwide for the entire month of March.

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

@stayillogical oh yeah, definitely. can't imagine this not being available in all retailers on March whenever

and MAN i wanna get this for my birthday in March. i hate not having any gaming consoles. i ain't had a current gaming system since the first Xbox! (that's not counting my 3DS)

23. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

The latest trailer for this is really beautiful, I really believe this game is going to be something special and one of the best Zelda titles.

Not convinced I want to get it on Switch right away though, probably gonna just get the Wii U version. Switch games don't look that impressive at launch.

24. alaskancurry

I'm surprised this thread isn't a little more active, are you guys not excited for this game?! Granted I am a massive Zelda fan, have been seen I was a kid. I am so deliriously excited for this game and it definitely has game of the year potential in my opinion. I was pretty damn upset about all the delays but it certainly looks like it is going to be worth it.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Might be the most excited I've ever been for a game and it has the potential to be my favourite game ever.

dadbolt likes this.