Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 112

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

this is how I feel too - totally throw off. I need to figure out the gameplay more. It feels so frenetic and I haven’t really come to terms with it.

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s a good game

3. DooDooBird

Trusted

Been playing Hyrule Warriors non-stop since Saturday. It's really fun. But holy shit, does anyone else find the divine beast piloting missions to be an absolute mess? Impossible controls, broken frame rates, can't see what the fuck I'm even shooting at the entire time. It feels like they just threw those missions in at the last minute.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

YES! Exactly. I dread those missions.

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The frustration with the guardians is counterbalanced with how funny it is seeing a hundred monsters get blown up in an instant

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I really love that they included Hestu, Great Fairies, and the Master guy as fighters. Feels like when SSBU adds a totally left field fighter.

I alsodid not see the twist of the future heroes time traveling back to save the original heroes coming at all

7. dorfmac

Trusted

For anyone like me who is not sold on the game but super interested in the lore, zeltik has a great recap on youtube

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ve only got two more main missions left in Age of Calamity and I don’t know what’s gonna happen.

Kyle Max likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I finished age of calamity yesterday. Not a fan of it being a parallel timeline and being it’s own thing. I was looking forward to it ending where BOTW began but nope.

10. Greg

I kind of like it. It helps it get to be it’s own thing yet still feel familiar.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Wasn't this game advertised as being a prequel to BOTW?

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Got it today. Set it to very hard and it took me an hour to beat the first level cuz of those three damn moblins. Need to get the hang of flurry rushing again.

Also echoing sentiment about bad graphics. I get why they had to turn them down though and it doesn’t really detract from the game for me. Although actually I’ve been playing assassins creed for the past few months and haven’t turned on my switch since so I might just be adjusting from that lol.

13. Greg

Technically it all takes place before BOTW

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yes because it is about the original story of them discovering the guardians and Zelda trying to unlock her power, but halfway through there’s a big twist and it makes it clear that this is a whole different timeline

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I guarantee that all of you have put more thought into the Zelda timeline than anyone at Nintendo ever did. The Zelda universe really is more of a brand handbook than anything else, even though they occasionally indulge the fanbase with alleged firm timelines and so on.

waking season, justin. and OotyPa like this.
  16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

What does that have to do with anything

17. The Lucky Moose

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sadly true

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s why it’s fun to actually talk about Zelda’s timeline opposed to any other franchise. There’s a guideline for the chronological order of the games without much else but the games are seeded with hints, clues and references to the other games in this franchise that you can puzzle moments together yourself. If there was any video game franchise for fans to dig into the lore and timeline, it’s Zelda.

20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

There’s a timeline chart out there for Zelda which was kinda cool. Involves sort of parallel worlds depending on certain events happening or not.

21. The Lucky Moose

For me that's Dark Souls, because unlike Zelda, it's not based on collective delusion lol This is not me shitting on Zelda btw, I love the universe

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Zelda isn’t based on collective delusion though. Nintendo has released a timeline of the order of events and we use that as the basis.

23. The Lucky Moose

I know. There is plenty of official lore and like you said even a timeline. I just think they mostly stitch it together in hindsight without actually caring all that much, because the fans like it.

PolarBlare likes this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is obviously true imo lol. Still kinda fun

25. dorfmac

Trusted

I think they are now very thoughtful about it, but have to string together a lot in hindsight because they weren’t initially. They’re def conscious and intentional now.