Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 104

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I loved this game, so this isn't a mega knock on it, but I really wish it provided a bit more direction, or maybe a "road map." It's fun exploring but I definitely felt in retrospect I wasted a lot of time trying to do things that I would later find much easier after accomplishing other stuff first.

2. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

It's my favorite too. I really loved Link Between Worlds, but I wish it was tougher. Have you given the LttP randomizer a shot yet?

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for me that was sort of part of the fun/challenge of it. when i think of a game like OoT, it's relatively free roam but in terms of completing the story, you have to do things in a certain order, you never go into a situation underpowered or without the needed weapons, it sort of guides you as you go. this just throws you into the deepend with a deku stick and says GO.

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Today is the 34th anniversary of TLOZ being released.

So much of the fun for me was exploring the world and the freedom the game allows you. A second play through would feel like such a chore for me. I'm terrible at second play throughs in general though. I still feel like people are discovering new things in this game which is really cool. Randomly videos will pop up on my twitter feed of cool BOTW things.

waking season likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've never had more fun just jumping off of mountains and gliding around

Sean Murphy likes this.
  6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I never thought I would collect the korok seeds after learning there are 900, but now I'm enjoying going through a list of the seeds in each region and getting them one by one. It's allowing me to explore mountains, ponds, rivers and other parts of the map I've never walked through.

airik625, theagentcoma and Greg like this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

that was the one thing I didn't even bother with lol. I mean I made an effort when I came across them but I definitely didn't go out of my way after I found out how many there were

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Agree so much haha

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

alttp is my fav, but links awakening is a close second. i love how whimsical that one is. never matched that again. wind waker is probably my fav 3d zelda

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I love Majora’s Mask, the time constraints drove me nuts. I did love the feeling of impending doom it gave off though.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Totally agree.

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The time constraints are so lax, you’d have to be really bad at the game for them to actually screw you over.

The one note on that is that you of course slow down time as soon as you reset the 3 days. If you don’t slow down time, that does make it trickier.

stayillogical likes this.
  13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’m mainly talking about when I was 10 haha

14. Greg

Fair.... I think I was like 13 or 14 when I first beat it

15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

You’re right about the slowing of the clock though. Leaves no room for side quests or delays. You have to pretty much know exactly what you’re doing and where you’re going.

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I think if anything it made the mask collecting the most difficult. Unless you actually looked up the process for each mask, it was very easy to miss the window to be in certain places at certain times.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

So I just came across the Horse Fairy? What in the hell is this?? I’ve been playing this game for 3 years and i’ve never once come across this before.

stayillogical likes this.
  19. Greg

Hahahahaha haha I love this

it will resurrect any of your horses that you kill or get killed. I think it has to be a horse that you had registered.

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah just recently discovered it too. I knew it existed but someone here told me to go there. My son likes to kill my horses because he knows I get mad

21. Greg

It was me!

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I wonder what else you're missing. Have you ridden the Lord of the Mountain?

23. Greg

Have you gone bowling?

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I know y’all aren’t asking me but have ridden the king of the mountain, have not done the bowling. Don’t even know where it is

25. Greg

It’s something my friend told me about but I never found it until like a month ago after playing got like a year straight.