Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 103

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Not owning any Nintendo console between SNES and the Switch really limited playing any zelda games. I borrowed a friends Wii, bought Skyward Sword and beat it and then returned the Wii.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve beat Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, A Link To The Past, A Link Between Worlds and Minish Cap

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I beat Links Awakening in barely 3 days. It did go way to quickly. But it is basically a gameboy game, so I can’t be too mad. Although it should have been 40 or 50 bucks, not 60.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this year marks 20 years for Majora's Mask which feels crazy

scottlechowicz and waking season like this.
  5. waking season Feb 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2020)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

In order I’ve beaten: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Majora’s Mask, and Breath of the Wild. Working through A Link to the Past now and I’ve got the new Link’s Awakening next.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

really really eagerly anticipating how they follow up BotW. I hope we get it early 2021. I don't think it comes out 2020.

waking season and scottlechowicz like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Wind Waker is the best Zelda

waking season likes this.
  8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It holds up incredibly well and doesn’t feel or look dated at all

Leftandleaving likes this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Since I was mostly limited to emulators as a kid I played through the oracle games and Link’s awakening so many times. They are so damn good.

I always stop playing Wind Waker right before the final dungeon, I need to finish it.

10. Greg

Breath of the Wild laughs at you

Sean Murphy likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

BotW is best Zelda for sure. Every Zelda I’ve played has been great except for Zelda II.

12. I completed the original, Link to the Past, and Skyward Sword in the last couple years. Those were the only console Zeldas I hadn't completed (with the exception of Zelda II) and I wanted to finish them before playing BotW, which I still haven't got around to haha.

Never played any of the handheld games so I'm looking forward to the LA remake whenever I get to that.

13. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

OoT and Majora’s Mask are better than BOTW for me overall, but I get more replay value out of BOTW. They’re probably all in my, like, top ten games of all time though.

SpyKi and stayillogical like this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’ve had zero desire to ever go back to BOTW. It’s good, but I hated the weapon degradation, most of the shrines were eh, the beasts sucked. It’s a great game still, but I’ll take WW over it every day of the week

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I love Breath of the Wild and I’ll still just roam around every now and then but I have zero desire to play it again from the beginning. The best part was exploring everything for the first time.

Jim likes this.
  16. Greg

No way.

weapons breaking forced me to use different weapons and try new things. Fun.

finding new ways to beat shrines is fun.

I do wish there was more to the beasts. But I still enjoyed what they are.

17. Greg

I’ve played it around 8 times. I’ve gotta be close to a thousand hours of play time. I found something for the first time like a week ago. There’s no way you’ve explored everything in one play through.

there are so many options of being able to do things even after you beat the story.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I debate starting it over but then I get just exhausted and anxious thinking about it haha

19. Greg

I was more anxious when I hadn’t played it and felt like I was making the wrong choices. Now that you’ve played it, you know what to hit up first, what weapons you like to use, you have an idea of where things are, and how important some things are for you as a player. Now you can focus on what you want rather than worry about doing it right.

Jim likes this.
  20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I've never played any of the handheld Zelda games, Zelda II, or Wind Waker. I really want to play WW, at the time it was released I just didn't have a Gamecube. By the time I did, I played Twilight Princess but never went back to WW.

For me, the best will always be Ocarina of Time. The story, the characters, I like knowing my way around the entire map, each temple and boss fight is so memorable, the puzzles, the music.

I can close my eyes and go through every step of the water temple.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I loved BOTW but I definitely don't agree that it's the best Zelda game, especially for me because it didn't really feel like a Zelda game. I enjoyed my whole time playing the game immensely but it was pretty rare that I would get that rare feeling that Zelda games usually give me

22. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

It took me a few years to play though Wind Waker, but honestly it's my favorite 3D Zelda. I think the Wii U remake overall was better because it tightened up a tedious final quest and made it a bit easier to traverse. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap are all great games.

The only Zelda games I haven't played through completion are Zelda II, due to me sucking hard at it and Skyward Sword, as I lost my save, although I was right at the end.

23. delvec19

Trusted

LttP was my favorite of all time. Nothing captivated me more at the time, but I'm old so...

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It's been my favorite game since I first played it as a kid.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i've done two play-thru's of this, don't know if i want to begin a 3rd but the thought it always there. the fun of exploring and opening up the map/getting to all the towers is so much fun to me.

Kyle Max likes this.