Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Game • Page 100

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

FINALLY got back into this yesterday after not playing since August 4(!!). Got right back into it, having so much fun just running from destination to destination (I'm the one that started the "no horse" argument a while back lol). Already did the Rito Divine Beast, probably going right to the Gerudo one now. I'm kind of weird in that I don't really like doing sidequests in games like this because I get easily overwhelmed and it starts feeling more like a chore, so I've only been doing ones that really sounded interesting to me and I'm probably going to keep doing it that way

That said, there are certain things in this game that are incredibly annoying to me that I feel like I should vent on real quick. The controls can be really wonky and it has genuinely gotten me killed or severely inconvenienced a few times, I fucking HATE the weapon breaking mechanic (I know a lot of people like this though), and this is more of a personal one but yesterday literally every time I was about to do a big climb it would start raining and become impossible and it was super aggravating lol

I love the game though don't get me wrong!!

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Did the whole hidden memory quest today and I can see why people hate it, but since I just used a guide I actually really enjoyed it (although I'm also the weirdo that really liked the Triforce hunt in WW)

The cutscenes they showed were beautifully animated and surprisingly well-written too imo. Probably gonna beat the game next time I play, I have all the divine beasts finished too. Roughly how long do I have left if I'm planning on storming the castle and fighting Ganon now? (provided I don't die a bunch lol)

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I got used to the controls. When I first started playing I would accidentally crouch a lot by accident. At some point I got used to it. Other than that I never had any issues with the controls. Although I did inverse the jump button. The original set up for that was very weird to me.

why do you hate weapons breaking? It only annoys me on Master Mode, even then only early in the game. Early one you have so few weapons and they are all weak, so fighting one tougher enemy can wipe out half your weapons.

the rain stuff can be annoying. Especially if there isn’t anywhere to make a quick fire to pass time. Do you know the trick to run with unlimited stamina?

tdlyon likes this.
  4. Greg

I like the memory stuff, too. I also recommend switching to Japanese audio at some point and watching them all. The performances are way better. It really changes the feel for some of it.

as for the castle, it all depends on how much you want to explore. You can technically go in and swim up 2-3 waterfalls and get to Ganon super fast. But if you want to explore it all and see everything there, I’d say you could spend an hour combing it over.

the boss battle itself is probably like 10-15 minutes?

tdlyon likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The memory quests were my favorite part of the whole game

Jim likes this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I liked the memory quests but I also used a walkthrough for it

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Officially finished the game (well, I have a lot of side missions I didn't do but I'm pretty burnt out for now lol). Ganon was actually incredibly easy, and I also barely took damage in the castle at all lol. Really overestimated how hard I would find that

Absolutely loved this game, so glad I finally played it

zigbigwig, Joe and theagentcoma like this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just started Master Mode. Any tips? It’s really difficult to kill some of these guys while their health restores with my weak sticks and clubs.

I’m also not stepping foot near the lynel in the great plateau.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Greg

Honestly, just run away until you can get some fairies and more hearts or much stronger weapons.

justin. likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

sneak attack is exploitable except in the master sword trials, and vs lynels.

saves you a lot of time for overworld encounters(i know everything is technically in the overworld but you know what i mean lol)

11. GBlades

Trusted

So so late but I finally got a Switch and bought this!

12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

You are in for quite an experience.

GBlades and theagentcoma like this.
  13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So yesterday my son wanted to watch me play this. That used to be our daily routine but he’s kinda taken a little break from video games, which is welcome.

however, he told me that he took all the horses out the stable and killed them all. RIP Epona and Giant Horse

14. Greg

Go revive them

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

Really looking forward to it

16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m probably gonna start this as well. I’ve had it a few months but had other games to complete first, haha.

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

18. Greg

19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

GrantCloud and I Am Mick like this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Greg

I mean, Hyrule is kind of caught in a never ending (seemingly) loop of resurrection/reincarnation/in the spirit of destruction, a hero, and a princess.

why not something go your way? Haha

22. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Beat the first ganon last night, the waterblight (?) one, was so satisfying. This game is gorgeous

oakhurst and theagentcoma like this.
  23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm starting this up again and doing side quests I never finished. I got this talisman that lets me put a portal anywhere I want it. I wonder where the most convenient place to put this would be.

I also never did most of the DLC stuff, trial of the sword or champion's balad. Whenever I try the mission where you get killed with one blow, I just can't stay alive.

24. dorfmac

Trusted

I put it on a ledge towards the top of hyrule castle so I wouldn’t need to keep fighting my way there anytime I needed to go

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was wondering where the best spot within the castle would be!