Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I want to believe Nora's story, but there's too many holes in it. Like, if the other side is able to build a machine to send them here, why is Nora the only one who came back?

omgrawr likes this.
  2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I chalk up her tale with the rest that we hear about throughout the series - the one from the guy who hugs, the one from the guy who speaks to those that departed, the theory from the scientist that come to investigate Nora, etc.

Think one of the best overarching messages from the show is believe whatever makes you feel best.

omgrawr likes this.
  3. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I'm not sure if Kevin actually believes her, but I'm pretty sure he's at least willing to not question her any further so that they can have another shot together.

Hmm that's a good point. Unless the physicist who made it did so just for her kind of and nobody else knows about the possibility.

That was kind of the same takeaway I had with the movie & book Life of Pi. Ultimately nobody is sure so latch on to whatever is more useful to you and gives your life more meaning.

All of this being said, I really want her story to be true. I definitely broke down in tears when she was describing seeing her family from afar and deciding they were better off without her and that in their world they were the lucky ones. Fucking heartbreaking. We've seen Nora lie when it behooves her to do so or to avoid dealing with negative emotions though. All things considered, I choose to believe her given that it's the best description of what might have happened that the show gives us. Otherwise we just have no answer for what happened after she got in that pod. Accepting her story as true gives my The Leftovers experience more meaning.

Serenity Now likes this.
  4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Yeah, the point of the show is about people trying to heal in the face of awe-inspiring chaotic, random, impersonal cruelty. Kevin seems to have decided that healing for him means being with/making things right with Nora. For her, healing definitely isn’t as simple and I’m less sure that she’s actually moved on in a meaningful way. But for Kevin, he’s deciding to believe her and roll with it.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Thank the quarantine gods:my lady and I are starting this show this week.

Matt, EddieDS, Cameron and 7 others like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Normally I’d be hype as shit for some reactions

but goddamn what a bleak show to watch right now haha

but seriously please feel free to post reactions to every episode

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah this is one of the last shows I would rewatch right now. Some episodes are getting my anxiety up just thinking about it.

Cameron, chewbacca110 and David87 like this.
  9. I was in the middle of S2 in my rewatch and fell off. Itching to finish. As sad as it is, the show was a very cathartic experience for me overall.

dadbolt likes this.
  10. chewbacca110

I’ll take this as a challenge.

alina likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away

chewbacca110, Joe, alina and 3 others like this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

how many times did andrew just beat the shit outta chris as kids

real “shitty older brother” vibes

alina likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lmao this is me with my wife trying to get her to watch Lost

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

hell yeah

[​IMG]

Maybevictor and dadbolt like this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away

never seen Lost. maybe I'll get into it now that I have the time.

chewbacca110, SpyKi, Matt and 2 others like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I can't imagine a better way to spend your free time

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh man.... you really should

Importer/Exporter, OotyPa and SpyKi like this.
  19. chewbacca110

3 episodes in.

Ending the third episode with “Take Me To Church” was perfection. I hate the priest, but that seems to be the point so far. Him telling his sister abouther husband after she refused to help him was just cold blooded. Got what was coming to him though.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He has an ep in the second season that will make you think it’s the greatest show ever made. No hyperbole

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Maybevictor and Sean Murphy like this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Matt really pissed me off at first. But I still ended up feeling bad for him that episode. So many ups and downs in that episode lol

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s the episode with the line you love right?

24. The Matt episodes frustrate me, but I do feel for him.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to watch this all again.