Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. S2 opening is still a doozy. Ep is also a great intro to the Murphy family. For a guy that was pretty in tune with the criticisms of his work and struggled with that, this is such a bold way for Lindelof to start the season.

2. I know he's constantly on the verge of a full breakdown, but Kevin can be really mean.

David87 and drewinseries like this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

irthesteve, Matt and Joe like this.
  4. S2E4. This ep is great. Nora thinking the departure happened again, my heart!:verysad: Patti was on a roll in this ep. The incessant chattering at Kevin, the Rick-rolling, and this gem of a line: "I was married to that asshole for 17 years and never once did he ask me to shit on him."

ramomcferno and David87 like this.
  5. S2E5, the Matt episode. Equally frustrating as the S1 Matt ep, if not more so. I have to admire how willing he is to help people, even though it often backfires in extraordinary ways.

The Regina Spektor song was a nice touch. I remember being astounded when I first watched this ep and "Laughing With" started playing because Regina is one of my favorite artists and I was not expecting it.

David87 likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That episode frustrated me way more than the first season episode. Too many things had to happen in a way that made no sense for the series just to show how much Matt suffers, which we already knew.

I also was shocked by the song though. I was looking for a song because someone said their favorite moment was in that one, but I did not expect THAT to be in anything.

Joe likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

My ranking of Matt episodes is 3,2,1 but I know some people don’t like that 3rd Matt episode at all. They are all incredibly frustrating though.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The first is definitely in my top three of the season, and the second and third are towards the bottom (if not the very bottom) for both of their seasons for me. Having only seen it once it’s hard to get more detailed with the rankings. His first was the episode where I started to really enjoy the show for the first time.

9. I'd have to take notes and keep track to rank the episodes, and I haven't been paying attention close enough for that. I might be able to pick a top 5 after I finish. Can't wait to get to the A-ha episode in S3.

10. S2E6. Love the interpolations on the score in this ep. Regina King is great. That penultimate scene between her an Nora is so good. And then that great final scene where Kevin confesses that he's seeing Patti and you can just tell he's completely losing it and doesn't know what to do.

Totally forgot about this hilarious payoff:

"Miss durst, we believe that the demon Azrael has chosen you as his earthbound instrument. This entity resides in you through no fault of your own and is responsible for the chaos that surrounds you and possibly many others."

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

great show

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Fuck someone bumped the thread I guess it’s time for a rewatch

13. Wow the last time I watched an ep was the beginning of July. Fell off my rewatch hard haha. Hopefully, I can get back on it soon.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Did you just watch for the first time?

15. Wharf Rat

yes

David87 likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think I’ll ever stop being upset by how much the Murphys were sidelined in season three. I like some things more the farther I get away from watching, but that annoys me every time I think of the show.

17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Basically how I feel about Jill too. The dynamic between her and Kevin / Nora was so crucial to the show.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. Kevin and Nora were always the central focus for me, so S3 always made sense. I do like the Murphys, though.

Slangster, Wharf Rat and phaynes12 like this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s one show where I don’t think watching after the fact or binging is better than live. I was so frustrated to see so many people and stories completely dropped when I had JUST become invested in them. The two year break or whatever it was I’m sure would have helped me just be happy to have any of it back and tied up.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

best show

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Wharf Rat

lou was a prick

ann dowd is the goat

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t picked up that many quotes from the show, but her super dramatic, “UH OH,”
    from the quarry is pretty much the only way I say that now.

David87 and Wharf Rat like this.
  24. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I just watched this whole show for the first time.

Do you guys believe Nora's story, in the end? I'm pretty sure I do and it made me tear up pretty bad.

25. I do, but I suppose it doesn't matter if we believe it as much as it matters that Kevin does. I need to finish my rewatch. I fell off somewhere in the middle of S2.

omgrawr and wakaflockajamez like this.