Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 62

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Who did she play in infinity war?

2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

One of Thanos’s 4 lieutenants, the female one. Totally bizarre choice. I’m sure the paycheck was nice for Coon, but that role could have been played by anyone.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah ok. I had no idea she was involved at all. Bummer that they didn’t give her something interesting to do. I’d love to see a big leading dramatic role for her ASAP. She was good in The Post but that was also a fairly small role.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She's also pretty wasted in Fargo s3 honestly. She's the main character and barely does anything

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The only good thing about her role in IW is that it’s totally anonymous and she can play another character in the MCU if the opportunity arises

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I just googled her character and wow that truly is anonymous.

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think she has like maybe a handful of lines and under the makeup /CG you truly can’t even tell it’s her unless you are actively looking for her.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She only did the voice, so it’s a nice paycheck for probably a days worth of work. Can’t be upset about that

9. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

This is blowing my mind had no idea

10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

She definitely did the motion capture too.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, you're right. I could have sworn I read she came in towards the end to do the voice. According to this interview she only did the facial mo-cap though, wasn't actually on set (and didn't even know which Marvel movie she was in haha)

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Adding to the Carrie Coon praise. She is incredible in this show.

13. S01E03 the Matt episode. Gahhh so tragic and infuriating, which pretty much describes how I feel about the Matt character.

Starting ep4. Has one of my favorite line deliveries in the show.

F9BE7ADE-1FEF-416F-8F3F-E82257751998.gif

dadbolt, Matt and David87 like this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Ghost Patti saying, “Uh oh,” by the lake and Nora saying, “Ok,” when Matt says he’ll stay with her before she goes through the procedure are my two favorite deliveries, and both are so simple.

15. So many great and pivotal moments in ep4. Kevin and Nora meeting. The whole scene with Laurie asking Kevin for a divorce through Meg. Laurie going back for the lighter. Kevin throwing out the baby Jesus lol.

David87 likes this.
  16. Kevin coming to school to tell Jill about the attack on the GR and her breaking down and automatically thinking something happened to her mom:verysad:

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that also the “I say fuck, too” episode? What a line.

Joe likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe her single best moment. It was so painfully real to see that anxiety come out and show just how little anyone understood what she was going through. The lack of Jill in season three will probably always annoy me.

Joe likes this.
  19. yep

David87 likes this.
  20. S1E6 Totally forgot Billy Mangnussen was in an ep of this. The Nora + Holy Wayne scene still gets me.

S1E7 Scott Glenn is so good in this. Love watching Kevin lose his grip on reality. Theroux really brings a lot to this character.

21. Also, shout out to Jill listening to Wolf Alice! Ha

Matt and Slangster like this.
  22. Patti reciting “He Bids His Beloved Be At Peace” over that score while Kevin is in immense internal agony is perfect.

23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

No kids in S3 is a bummer. I honestly don’t care much for tom but I definitely felt cheated out of time with Jill.

24. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

My only issue with the series is the undoing of something involving Laurie in the finale. That wasn't the original plan.

25. Finished S1. God I love this show.

Nora walking in on her “family” is still devastating. The scene of Holy Wayne dying always stuck with me. Such an odd character, and the way that actor played that scene was creepy and memorable.

Maybevictor and David87 like this.