Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Homeward Bound is my favorite scene in tv maybe

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s unfair for them to go for me straight in my heart like that. I was trying to guess the song and when I saw the GARFUNKEL on the wheel I just started screaming. I love that song too much.

If they do any other Simon & Garfunkel in S3 I may not make it.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The meg/evie harmonizing scene is creepy af

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Once she disappeared that choir suffered HARD, so just the two of them was a vast improvement. That scene felt like something out of a different genre almost.

Meg is hands down the worst part of the show for me though. Everything with her just makes me want to scream and go to a different story. And her involvement made the reveal about Evie not feel as earned as like Laurie’s or anything else with the cult previously. I wish we had seen more of the other girls and their journey to get to where they ended up. It was strange to have characters who were so blank compared to how much everyone else is fleshed out.

I’m very curious to see if S3 changes things up tremendously again and if the credits sequence changes too!

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So many gifs I wanna post in reply to that last part haha.

A fun exercise, if you’re willing to be “spoiled” (but not really), might be to watch the season 3 trailer that we all watched before you watch the season. The trailer is excellent (with an excellent song choice) and really does a great job of...well, if i say, it might actually spoil something lol

6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Heh. Keeeeeeeep watching! I’m really enjoying your viewing experience. Oh! I wanted to know, what was your reaction when you finally got to the Evie reveal?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely not doing that! It’s rare for me to see anything completely unspoiled so I’m excited for that.

The Evie thing was kind of a mix of, “Oh, I should have guessed that,” “Oh no not more of this please bring back Ann Dowd and drop the rest,” and, “Wait, how is Liv Tyler that good at networking?”

One of the major problems for me is the actual believability of the GR. In small numbers I can see why people might join, but as a large scale group that has tons of logical and intelligent people suddenly giving unwavering support? I don’t buy it. Evie being in is more disappointing and annoying than it is heartbreaking. She was such an interesting character from the start and I want her to have her own story instead of a repeat of what we’ve already done.

On a totally unrelated note, I did also laugh when I realized today that this show has characters named Evangeline and Lil(l)y.

David87, dadbolt and Nyquist like this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

My favorite part of the finale

John: I thought I killed you.
    Kevin: ......nope.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really hope John gets fleshed out this season.

Starting it now and the opening is certainly something.

David87 and Maybevictor like this.
  10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Some great Signature Kevin moments in the finale.
    This one, when he wakes up in the bathtub “I’m not fucking doing this again”, and him refusing to sing because it’s stupid

dadbolt and David87 like this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

S3: The Beardening

Matt, dadbolt, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh this version of 59th Street Bridge Song always gives me anxiety. Makes the ending of the scene a lot easier to see coming though!

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re losing me........

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Funny that I naturally ended up watching this on Easter.

Payoff for the Perfect Strangers stuff is hilarious.

Still not super into how this is all going down, but I’m optimistic that most of it will tie up.

dadbolt and David87 like this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

When that theme music kicked in..

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished episode 3. I thought it was much better than the first two, although I’m still not thrilled with how big the scale of everything is going with so little time left. The subtle personal interactions are so good and now there’s a full blown apocalypse being discussed and I just feel very torn.

I loved the deconstruction and criticism of the white savior trope more than almost anything else in the episode. Kevin Sr. is such a tool and they illustrate that in so many big and small scale ways throughout the entire thing. I really hope they stick the landing on him being completely clueless so they don’t undo all of what they just pulled off there.

None of the music really hit me emotionally in this episode, it was just another level of unsettling and weird. Personal Jesus did give me major Pat Boone singing Down with the Sickness vibes though.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ahh things really pick up after that episode, shit starts happening fast with peoples stories from here IIRC.

Maybevictor likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I miss Jill.

Maybevictor likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Matt went from one of my top three characters to unbelievably insufferable and exhausting. And the Murphys continue to get zero story of their own. Really bummed with those developments.

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Guessing you just finished the Matt episode?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven’t finished, he’s about to talk to God in a MAGA hat or something.

SpyKi likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yesssss

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If Matt gets gang raped you are all dead to me.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

He shouldn’t have spoke his name

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No. Just no.

David87 likes this.