Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ABOUT TO WATCH THE S2 FINALE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

dadbolt, Matt and irthesteve like this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

“Fuck off, Lou.”

Sean Murphy and dadbolt like this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We’re on S3Ep7 of our rewatch...goddamn going back to the original theme was such a good idea for this episode

Serenity Now and Matt like this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I never realized how closely the score for The Truman Show sounds to the score for The Leftovers.

Both are great though.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Specifically this song and the Departure melody from The Leftovers:

Serenity Now likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I start.......... now!

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

9. I've probably said this before in this thread, but this is my favorite show of all time.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I should do a rewatch sometime.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really like the pilot except for the excessive animal death. I still really don’t do that well.

And I started bawling with Anthony Bourdain being on the list of the victims. Was not prepared for real life to smack me in the face like that.

David87 likes this.
  12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This is exciting

David87 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m very amused by the fact that I took a break between The Americans and this so I wouldn’t compare them unintentionally and then there’s two people in the pilot who were also in that. The universe is testing me!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  14. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

My absolute favorite show. Enjoy.

Matt and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know why I never bothered to check this out but need to add it to the list. Been looking for new shows recently too

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ha, I just started episode two a few minutes ago!

There are so many actors I love in this. The daughter was so incredible in Novitiate.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also did this run as long as the creators wanted, or was it cut short?

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think bad ratings cut it short, I don't remember reading it was always planned to be 3 Seasons.

That being said, the book it's based off of is completely covered in 1st season, so I also don't know if they ever intended to have more than 1 season or if that was more decided after the critical reaction it got.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok cool. But based on what everyone has said, it does feel like a complete and satisfying work at the end, right? That’s kind of a miracle if it didn’t get the full run they wanted.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah they really did a good job wrapping everything up and telling a complete story. There are lots of unanswered questions by the end of it in terms of small mysteries throughout the series, which probably isn't surprising since it's Lindelof....But after my rewatch a few months ago, they kinda did hint pretty strongly at answers to all the weird shit they introduce in the first two seasons.

22. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

100%

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I forgot earlier, there are actually three people from The Americans on this so far. Lol.

So far I’m definitely more intrigued than 100% in love, but I’m assuming that will change.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think i watched the first 6 episodes just thinking the entire time “what the hell is going on? Well, guess I gotta watch next week and find out” and then after that I was all in.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I honestly couldn't imagine this series being any better with additional seasons. The final season is pretty much perfect, and adding anything between season 2 and 3 would just be filler.

I wish I could erase it from my mind and start again (at season 2. I still think Season 1 is pretty weak)

dadbolt, David87 and EASheartsVinyl like this.