Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I wouldn't recommend reading the book first, only because the characters follow a little different storylines and it might confuse you when you start watching the show.

Jason Tate and drewinseries like this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

I got enough on my plate to read right now, but almost done with my Battlestar Galactica rewatch. Would be good timing to grab HBO Now again to catch that and Sharp Objects.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm on the side that this show doesn't reach it's true brilliance until the second season, and the book only covers the first season so I never bothered to read it.

if you're looking for a show/book combo, I can't recommend The Terror enough. Both work super well on their own, both have stuck with me. I wish I could get more.

4. drewinseries

Drew

I've heard of The Terror, but haven't looked into it too much. Will do, thanks!

5. OotyPa

fall away

Yeah just watch the show

drewinseries likes this.
  6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

My mom and stepdad started watching this per my recommendation a couple weeks back and they’re already on season 3. My moms favorite show is friends and The Bachelor. Now if that’s not an endorsement that this is a good show then idk what is

OotyPa, irthesteve, dadbolt and 3 others like this.
  7. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Almost done with season one of my first complete-series rewatch. ‘Guest’ is in my top three favorite episodes of this show, i think.

8. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Damn, I miss this show...

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

May have to initiate a full rewatch of this once winter starts to set in...

10. Importer/Exporter

I was gonna try to push my rewatch off until Oct 14 but decided to get started because a friend wanted to try it for the first time

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Giving this a shot after reading its praise in the Fargo thread. Interesting so far while watching ep 1.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Watching someone new to the show's posts like:
    [​IMG]

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

We will follow your journey with great interest

Enjoy!

Brent, dadbolt and Nyquist like this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I enjoyed season 1, but if it doesn't immediately grab you just know that season 2 is up there as one of the greatest seasons of television.

15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I get so excited when someone new to the show starts season 2. I get more excited as they then begin to progress through the season.

manoverboard365 and dadbolt like this.
  16. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

man hell yeah

Brent likes this.
  17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Get ready to experience every emotion

Brent likes this.
  18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

But a lot of sad.

Brent likes this.
  19. Importer/Exporter

The fact that season 2 of the Leftovers was on at the same time as season 2 of Fargo ..... shooooo

irthesteve and Brent like this.
  20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

No idea how i never heard of this show before. Really dug the ending... wife fell asleep during it but will watch it again today. Just gonna try to do an episode a day to spread it out.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You might spread it out more. I’m a pretty big binge watcher but I had a 2 day refractory period with some of these episodes lol

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I had to regularly coach my friend to get through season 1, kept saying he wasn't feeling it but told him S2 will change it all.

Took him like a month to get through s1, a week to get through S2 and S3

23. dlemert

Trusted

Season 1 is like an 8/10, Season 2 is 10/10 one of the best seasons of TV ever made, Season 3 is like a 6/10 for me.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 3 is a 10/10 how dare u

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I honestly might like 3 more than 2. It’s just so crazy

Serenity Now likes this.