Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Oh, I'm not worried about being entertained. I'm thinking more about how the different symbols will resonate and whether the overt nihilism in the first season works better in retrospect.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That stuff usually still works for me because it’s so fun to catch things that you didn’t the first time and such...I just remember being in awe of things like the dogs, the deer, Holy Wayne, the event itself, etc...and now that I know, I feel like I’ll be less excited about all that haha

Matt Chylak likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finale time. Here we go. See you in 77 minutes.

David87, primavera and I Am Mick like this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

First season is better on a rewatch

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

eh. it still kinda sucks. and i say that with this being my second favorite show ever. really a testament how strong seasons 2 and 3 are.

Jason Tate and I Am Mick like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Season 1 never sucked and never will

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It doesn’t suck but it’s not great

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That last table scene though...

I don’t think I loved the episode, but the ending was great. Carrie Coon killed it.

As you can tell from my posts here, I never was fully into where they went with season 3. I much preferred seasons 1 and 2 (I think I’m in the minority in that opinion). Overall, this was quite a show. Unlike any other show I’ve watched.

9. primavera

justin theroux and the way he played it the final episode was truly fantastic

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. He and Carrie were amazing throughout the whole series.

primavera likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. Pseudo!

Regular

So do you think she was telling the truth?

13. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

No

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yes

15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No.

I think she's always wanted to believe in something, but could never quite get there and its at the core of what drove her nuts.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think she was telling the truth.

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I want to believe she is telling the truth, but isn’t that also the point of why she tells it? She might be participating in her own closure. The show itself seems to revolve around the idea of faith in something, in the absurd, in religion, in other people, or in nothing at all.

18. primavera

absolutely not

at that point she owed nothing to him. totally was just telling her version of what she believed happenec

19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I want to believe it

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still don't know, and we never will

21. Pseudo!

Regular

In the moment I believed her, but looking back at the rest of the episode it makes more sense to me that she's lying

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I believed her initially, and still want to believe her, but looking back on everything it was absolutely a lie.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I miss this show.

24. primavera

so real. my friend actually texted me this morning saying he’s watching it for the first time. was very jealous.

sawhney[rusted]2, David87 and OotyPa like this.
  25. drewinseries

Drew

If I want to get into this story, should I read the book first? Or would it matter if I watch the show then move to the book later?