Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Leftovers (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

That sounds great. This show is great. Great great great.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  2. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

Literally seems like the perfect setting. In almost baffled I didn't think of it prior to this announcement.

contra11mundum likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh shitttt!

4. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds perfect. Season 2 was incredible.

5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going to do this soon.

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Season 2 was one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

Australia is perfect.

7. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

they could say season 3 is on the moon and ill still be pumped.

michaelvalerijr and Joe like this.
  8. I'm all about it. Completely trust these guys.

9. drstrong

I'm Back.

All I know is that this better not take a turn like Lost did at the end. I want a straight forward ending with questions finally being answered.

10. irthesteve

The LOST ending was incredibly straightforward and was perfect for the show

11. drstrong

I'm Back.

If that was the case, why is there even a debate on the finale of Lost? I've only gone through the series once and watched the finale once, so I'm not an expert.

12. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

THANK YOU!

13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I guess that depends on what you are referring to as up for "debate"? The ending is very clear about what the sideways world actually is.

14. irthesteve

There is a debate because 50% of the viewers of the show were casual viewers who payed enough attention to enjoy, but didn't really get into it. Like The Leftovers, LOST requires your attention and encourages digging deeper. Not only did the ending 100% make sense, but it followed what the whole season, and series before it, led to. I always see the argument of "nothing was answered" but in reality, nearly everything was answered

15. drstrong

I'm Back.

They're all dead the whole time, right? Something like that I don't fucking know.

16. Nyquist

No.

No.

No no no no no.

Haha, everything that happened, happened. The island was real. The whole show happened while they were alive. The sideways world takes place long after everyone is dead.

17. drstrong

I'm Back.

Well I guess I'm confused on when exactly they died.

18. Nyquist

Simple:

Jack died at the end of the finale on the island after defeating the Man In Black and plugging the cork back up.

Hurley stayed on the island and became the new island protector with Ben as his right hand man. They lived there for what would presumably be a very long time until Walt took over (which we know based on the epilogue included in the DVD boxset). Everyone who escaped the island on the Ajira plane at the end (Sawyer, Miles, Kate, Claire, Lapidus) all lived long lives off the island until they died of natural causes or maybe sickness in old age or some such. This is why when Kate sees Jack in the sideways world she says "I missed you so much". Because she lived a very long life without him.

19. drstrong

I'm Back.

Well goddamn, it makes more sense now! haha thanks.

Nyquist likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Short version (Lost spoilers)

They all died at different times but met up in the "afterlife/purgatory" and waited until they could all move on together. It's beautiful

21. contra11mundum

Lost wasn't a perfect show.

But it's my favorite show and the ending was perfect.

ramomcferno and michaelvalerijr like this.
  22. drstrong

I'm Back.

Lost is also one of my favorite series, and I really need to rewatch this but it's hard convincing my wife.

Justified is probably my favorite series of all time. Breaking Bad was good but just too damn heavy, Justified at least had some good humor and good action and never was completely serious which I need in a show.

contra11mundum likes this.
  23. contra11mundum

Love Justified. Such a solid series with a great ending.

Also loved Breaking Bad.

I always say Breaking Bad is the best show I've ever seen. Lost is my favorite.

If that makes sense.

24. drstrong

I'm Back.

Yea well in terms of competency of the writers/show runners, then yes.

Lost was just so damn long, holy hell it took me a long time to get through everything on Netflix. I loved Justified because I caught it from season 3 onward as it aired, something I didn't do with either Lost of Breaking Bad. Shit I didn't watch Lost until 2013! it was over for what, like 4 years at that point?

25. contra11mundum

I watched Lost live for 6 years. Ha. That's actually a huge part of why it means so much to me. That was a very experiential element of the show that binging loses.