Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Latest Greatest B-Sides Thread • Page 63

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by blistersoul61, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Steel

Regular

Rip Chris :verysad:

2. Steel

Regular

3. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

Fucking sucks about Chris Cornell.

code-bleu likes this.
  4. Vert

Shocked, stunned and absolutely gutted to hear about Chris Cornell. Tragic.

5. code-bleu May 18, 2017
    (Last edited: May 18, 2017)
    code-bleu

Elvis Christ

I remember reading a Rolling Stone interview with Axl Rose before "Use Your Illusion" came out. Listened to a ton of Guns N' Roses in those days. Axl was asked who he was a fan of and he mentioned The Cure, George Michael, Dogs D'amour...and Soundgarden. "The lead singer just buries me," he said. "The guy sings so great." Hmmm, I thought. Maybe I should check out this Soundgarden band he's talking about. Shortly afterwards I saw the video for "Hands All Over" and was mightily impressed. Axl was right, the guy was a vocal powerhouse. Bought "Louder Than Love," started listening to it a lot, and Guns N' Roses slowly faded from my CD player. Then came Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and you know the rest. But Soundgarden and Chris Cornell was my introduction to grunge music, and along with Jane's Addiction, 'alternative' music in general. And all thanks to Axl Rose, of all people. The 19-20 year-old me is devastated by the news.

HueyLewis likes this.
  6. phantasmo33

SON OF CRADOSSK

Looking for the unreleased title track from Chris Cornell's 'Carry On' solo album. Anyone happen to have this?

What a shit day...

7. phantasmo33

SON OF CRADOSSK

Also looking for Linkin Park's LP Underground albums 13, 14, and 15 if anyone can upload them. Thanks very much.

8. Insomniac1984

Green Day for life!!

I still can't believe that Chris Cornell passed away... He will be so missed.
    R.I.P. Chris!!

9. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

In light of losing Chris Cornell, I am trying to close the loop on a couple of rarities. Does anyone have a FLAC of New Damage from Alternative NRG with Brian May? I am also looking for a HQ rip of Incessant Mace from Pyrrhic Victory tape. I have it in 160, but looking for something better.

10. djgeneral

Regular

A few people mentioned a JEW EP for ticket buyers a week or two ago, did that ever surface?? Would love that!!

11. dpj

Regular

I've got Alternative NRG album on CD so can rip it for you. I'll PM you a link.

12. mudville

SPACE!

13. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

Wetransfer coming to you w/the former.

I have the latter on a red 7'', but no means to rip it :(

14. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

You mean the Incessant Mode track you cannot rip?

15. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

Got it. Thanks my friend. I have the three tracks from Deep Six compilation in FLAC if anyone is interested.

16. julz

Regular

Would anyone happen to have The Offspring's Tehran demo tape? FLAC preferred, but any quality would be appreciated.

17. djgeneral

Regular

Anyone have any radio edits / radio mixes / acoustics from Soundgarden, Chris or Audioslave?

18. blistersoul61 May 20, 2017
    (Last edited: May 20, 2017)
    blistersoul61

It's a space station!

Most of the B sides for Soundgarden are on Echo for Miles. Someone had asked for these edits a year or so ago. Let's see if we can get anyone to help with these:

Hands All Over [Edit] (4:56)
    The Day I Tried To Live [Edit] (3:16)
    Blow Up The Outside World [Edit] (4:52)
    Outshined [Edit] (4:07)
    Rusty Cage [Edit] (3:53)
    Spoonman [Edit] (3:50)
    Black Rain (Radio Edit) (4:09)

19. reaglebeagle

WWI Flying Ace

speaking of Cornell...does anyone know where I can go to download the 25th anniversary of the Singles Soundtrack?

The second disk has a bunch of rarities with Chris' "Ponceir EP" and two other never before released songs "Ferry Boat" and "Score Piece #4".

Sebejszczyn likes this.
  20. SpankSinatra

Is Apollo down for anyone else? I haven't been able to access it in 3 days.

21. razorburn

Trusted

Yep. Third time this week.

22. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

Seconded.

Sebejszczyn likes this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I haven't been able to access it in like a week.

24. thewicke

I might be able to help out with some of the Chris Cornell stuff when I get back to my house.
    'Someone bubble wrap Eddie Vedder immediately.' Tragically funny

silverjetz and Sebejszczyn like this.
  25. danacky

Any skindred fans on here think they could help me out with 3 tracks please?

Mercy Japanese bonus track
    Volume (Instrumental) Japanese bonus track
    Untitled bonus track after 3 words from the CD+DVD combipack

Many thanks