Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Latest Greatest B-Sides Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by blistersoul61, Apr 11, 2016.

1. silverjetz Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    silverjetz

The Dude Abides

Ahh - didn't find the trail of breadcrumbs till now. Glad I made it..

Just invited "code-bleu" from the old forum & was going to do the same for "steel" (crash test dummy avatar), but can't seem to find an older email from him.. If anyone has a contact for he & "Mudville", be great to see some more old & familiar faces here.

Thx blister for reviving the old thread..

2. JPN366

I am the AFOL Danger!

Good to see all the familiar names... we're home.

3. ksuwdboots

Anyone have the three bonus tracks from the Target edition of The Lumineers' new album Cleopatra?

12 Sailor Song (Moitessier)
    13 For Fra
    14 Boots Of Spanish Leather

4. dpj

Regular

I've managed to source a copy of this in 320 mp3 (which was presumably the quality that download came in). If anyone is interested PM me your email address.

5. JestaCat

Steel's around here

6. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

Cool, thanks Jesta. All the peeps coming back to the 'hood. Mish anyone?

7. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have mp3's of Motion City Soundtrack's Spotify Sessions on Spotify? Or is there any good way of download music from Spotify besides just recording with something like Audacity?

8. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

I sent him an email, let's see if that stirs him some.

silverjetz likes this.
  9. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

PM sent

10. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

Might there be a kind soul who could buy The Duke Spirit's "Wounded Wing" (w/Mark Lanegan) in FLAC from ANY of the MANY 7digital online stores? OF COURSE, it's region locked & I can't grab it here in Canada :(

Happy to reciprocate w/something from iTunes or 7digital Canadian online stores... Thx if anyone can assist!

11. powernoize

hey guys! glad the thread is back in full swing :)
    anyone here happen to have an mp3 rip of The Dandy Warhols Live @ the X-Ray Cafe vinyl EP? any help would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance, cheers!

12. phantasmo33

SON OF CRADOSSK

As much as the elderly fear change, this old man made it over the new site. Glad to see some familiar faces!

blistersoul61 likes this.
  13. phantasmo33

SON OF CRADOSSK

Anyone happen to have a rip of the Stephen Jenkins - Live at Amoeba RSD vinyl?

14. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

LOVE the avatar! Welcome aboard. Kind of nice they do not show our age with our profile.....

15. 1984rocks

silverjetz, you are the man. I was gonna hook ksuwdboots up but you beat me to it. I knew I recognized that screenname and avatar from somewhere. I can only assume you are the same silverjetz who frequents Dimeadozen, another one of my favorite music sites. I would help out with The Duke Spirit flac but it's not up at the US 7Digital Store.

16. blistersoul61

It's a space station!

We're getting the band back together........

silverjetz likes this.
  17. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

np - the dude abides..

yeah, north america seems to be cock-blocked for that release on ALL 7digital sites. how silly..

18. 1984rocks

I was so bummed about the other thread disappearing. I was a noob poster, but I've been addicted to b-sides since I was a kid. It was kinda mind blowing to hear, "So wait, you're telling me there are MORE songs that Pearl Jam recorded for Ten that I haven’t heard yet?” “How did Soul to Squeeze not make Blood Sugar…?” Growing up in the early 90s with grunge and rock music in general was an awesome time for a young music fan, especially when it came to killer b-sides from the best bands of the era. There’s also something about the hunt. It’s like a mini accomplishment when you finally get your hands on a song you’ve been searching for.

The latest tracks that are IMPOSSIBLE for me to find (other than buying a whole album for one song) are:

Doves - Ship Of Fools
    Doves - Brazil
    Doves - Black Circus Of Prague

I have a terrible 128 kpbs MP3 of “Brazil” and “Black Circus Of Prague”, but they are pretty much unlistenable. "Brazil" is a GREAT song too. Alas, it’s only available as an iTunes exclusive (for a 2-CD set). So if anyone had these that would be sweet.

If anyone was willing to share FLAC copies of: Crunch, Meet Me At The Pier, Acoustic No. 1, Karen, Down to Sea, Break Me Gently (Incidental), Blackbird, At The Tower, 45, Son of A Builder……..I have decent MP3 copies of these tracks, so no biggie.

There’s no other way this post can come off other than GIMME GIMME GIMME but I promise I love to share as well. I'm gonna bookmark this page and hopefully become a semi-regular.

HueyLewis and blistersoul61 like this.
  19. silverjetz

The Dude Abides

We live to give - pay it forward you know...

20. 1984rocks

Thanks for the heads up dude. I swear RU was the first place I looked. I must've just brain farted that it was there.

If anybody lives in NZ and has that "Brazil" track, hit me up! It's a dope song.

21. 1984rocks

Ok, it makes sense now. I had downloaded that Doves - Kingdom of Rust [Japanese Edition] after all. The only problem is that track 12 is not "Ship Of Fools", it's a different b-side. So the search for "Ship Of Fools" continues as well....

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I have all kinds of Doves so I'll see what I have later and hopefully it's some of what you're looking for.

23. phantasmo33

SON OF CRADOSSK

I've got a massive Doves collection. I have the following if you want them:

Ship of Fools (256)
    Brazil (320)
    Black Circus of Prague (192)

Are any of these (or the others you are after) available on iTunes UK as individual tracks? I might be able to get them, if so.

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm not sure my files are as HQ as those. Would love to have them if you wouldn't mind uploading them as well as any other rarities you might have?

I'll create a list of what I have once I get back around my computer.

25. TwentyThree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Prestigious

Looking for the Thrice - Beggars b-sides (Answered and Red Telephone). Any help would be appreciated!