Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Late Night Talk Show Thread TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xkaylinh, Apr 2, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Loved H Jon Benjamin in the John Oliver segment

2. Colbert started doing cold opens and shortened the theme song. The cold opens are good, but I really miss how he would do his monologue, then the band played the full theme song, then they cut to him at his desk.

3. Really enjoyed these.

4. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Has the writing on Conan gone downhill or did I catch a bad episode?

5. Colbert had Bill O'Reilly on the show Monday night; I guess they booked him to have him promote a book or something, but all Colbert talked about was gun control for like fifteen minutes. It's cool that Colbert tells his audience to quiet down whenever they boo O'Reilly. Anyway, of all the late night reactions to Orlando I've seen, Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah surprisingly had what I thought were the best segments, maybe because with this situation I personally identify more with anger than anything else.

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Samantha Bee's entire show on Monday was great.

8. Jimmy Fallon's such a good sport for having Donald Trump on The Tonight Show last week (and playing with his hair). On the other hand, Seth Meyers banned Trump from appearing on Late Night for as long as Trump bans The Washington Post from his campaign (however, Meyers did invite Trump to drop out of the race and instead star in Meyer's proposed show "Chicago President"). Also, John Oliver said he has never and will never invite Trump to Last Week Tonight (although he did invite Trump's "publicist" John Miller, a few months before telling Trump to drop out and admit it was all a stunt).

Aside from Hillary's "untrustworthiness" (which is being blown way out of proportion by both sides when you consider how much it's outweighed by everything that's wrong with Trump), the only other thing wrong with her is her unlikability, but that itself is only intensified by how likable President Obama is, especially on talk shows and other appearances where he can be cool and a bit less presidential. Hillary is on Fallon tonight, but considering how he handled having Trump on the show, I'd rather watch The Late Show with Stephen Colbert because he's bringing in Chris Pratt. I'll watch the Hillary clips on YouTube in the morning. Probably.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As a fan of Nick Kroll and John Mulaney, and as someone who thinks that Meyers is tied with Colbert as the best late night host, this was just perfect.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Meyers has honestly surpassed Colbert for me. I definitely think Seth is the best one on the major networks, though Conan will always be my favorite

11. One of these things is not like the others...

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like Fallon started laughing slightly early there

13. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I love that John Oliver's piece on MLM schemes last night was put on Youtube in english and spanish versions. Herbalife has been preying on the Hispanic community for years, and i've heard a few stories from my hispanic friends and coworkers of people going broke from being duped by that shit, so i'm glad they took that extra step to get the word out.

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'll probably start watching The Daily Show again and Colbert monologues. Haven't been watching any of these

15. Trevor Noah sucks and Colbert has been sterilized for the most part

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I just watched their election coverage and the stuff from the following days and liked what I saw there

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

sucks that Nightly Show was canceled

19. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

I really loved the Colbert report but didn't make the switch to the late show because I was worried I wouldn't like him as much out of character.

Anyone in here kept up with it that watched Colbert report? Is it similar in any way? I've been hearing good things so I plan to give it a try tonight and I am really hoping it hits the spot that his old show hit for me so consistently.

20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Colbert has gotten much better as he's gone on. You'll like it. It's not as funny as the colbert report, but he's gone from the worst late night talk show host to the best over the past year or so.

coleslawed and Robk like this.
  21. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Thanks. Im gonna record a few episodes and give it a try! Does it have as many running jokes as Colbert Report did?

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Jim Jeffries is actually killing it

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Haha damnit. I knew john Oliver was gonna try and get the olsens to come but I know how hard it is to get them.

Sad no more john for a few months

25. Don't really follow these anymore, but I'm watching Conan in Haiti right now.