Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last of Us Part II (PS4, June 19, 2020) Video Game • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by johnnyferris, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Driving2theBusStation Feb 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Tbf I'm also really bad at stealth in that game which certainly increased her body count in my playthrough, but regardless, yea even though I also didn't shed tears for everyone she killed, that dissonance between actions in the story part vs gameplay make the tone in later scenes ring a bit hollow for me. Maybe the whole going on a spree to avenge your dead loved one thing wasn't the right idea to begin with, idk

2. Zilla Mar 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2021)
    Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Had a week off of work and spent most of it (finally) playing this. Can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said, but what an experience.

The empath in me really wish they would have swerved and let Abby and Ellie have a quiet moment to hash things out together. But Ellie was too far gone. Her putting that knife to Lev’s throat - good lord.

One of the bigger pleasures I enjoyed was explosive arrow-ing the scars that were dead-naming Lev as Abby and him were rushing through.

3. Driving2theBusStation Mar 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Abby definitely ended up being one of the most sympathetic TLOU characters - the true Ellen Ripley of this series if there is one. Excited but also dreading to see how her and Lev's story plays out in the next one.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

So far, there is a lot to like about the game. The new zombie is not too scary, especially since a bloater just showed up in a flashback sequence and really showed how terrifying it was in the original game.

5. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Have there been any other casting announcements? Wondering about Tommy and Tess in particular

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Gnarly Charlie and thethingis like this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I can't fucking wait

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  8. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

flask likes this.
  9. Cmoney86 Jun 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2022)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

part one remake is coming to ps5 on 9.2.22

also in development for pc

Game

edit:the preoder pages have since been taken down

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 10-59-32 ps5-the-last-of-us-part-1-game-announcement-trailer.png

Helloelloallo likes this.
  10. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Nice. I saw this leak the other day and it was the first I'd heard for it on PC. The date was right, but the leak said it was going to be on PC same day which this contradicts, which is a bummer. I think I'll do this one on PC as I don't have a PS5 and I'm not going to buy a PS4 game when eventually I'll have a PS5. Maybe by September though I could get my hands on one but who knows. This also doesn't say PS4 so it might just be PS5?

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

ps5 only. ps4 already has a remake

Helloelloallo likes this.
  12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Also my hopes for this remake are a few extra scenes, a graphical upgrade, and as much of the dynamic combat from part II as possible integrated into it. It blows my mind that people say the gameplay in II was not much of an improvement from 1, it's night and day. The basement scene with modern tech is going to be so crazy!

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

hell yea take my money

15. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

So nothing new in that trailer, but it looks like maybe the DLC is going to be rolled into the game so maybe it'll be spliced in as flashbacks like in 2? Im pumped.

16. Morrissey Jun 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2022)
    Morrissey

Trusted

Will they reconsider stuff like Abby's dad? I think the model and colors changed from 1 to 2.

17. prattsy

Regular

What's their to reconsider re: Abby's dad? I feel like I'm forgetting things

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Probably that he was retroactively introduced to be in 1 during 2.

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Tory and Ashley are in the tv show!!!!

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That's awesome. Sounds like they are doing something cool with the multiplayer too

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

It’s a stand alone title now and bigger then anything they’ve done or close to it

ghostedaway likes this.
  22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Gnarly Charlie and ghostedaway like this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  24. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I normally defend Reddit when it gets brought up around here as it's way more diverse and tolerable than people give it credit for, but my god, is the lastofus2 sub just a toxic dumpster fire. Complaints so far are:

1. Ellie is ugly and old AF now.
    2. Joel has less broad shoulders, more wrinkles and less harsh eyebrows so he looks soft!! RETCON and further proof of media's obsession with deleting strong males from games and movies!
    3. Marlene was a babe and is now old and ugly AF (HAHA - Kneel Cuckman can't have strong women be feminine HAHA)
    4. Graphics are way worse!
    5. It says part 1 so we can ignore part 2 as this is Kneel Cuckman's version and completely separate and all that's left that's canon is the PS4 remaster, all hail Stanley.
    6. Overpriced! Sony is milking it! Factions was cancelled because Sony realized how much bad press Part 2 got so they won't let Kneel Cuckman do anything with the last of us name anymore except a remake of part 1 because people will still buy it. (see above for how untrue that is).
    7. JERRY WAS BLACK!!! THEY'RE GOING TO RETCON THE ENDING SO PART 2 MAKES SENSE!! Also hypocrites for changing the race of the character. White washing!! Where is the outrage?!?!
    8. FUCKIN ABBY BETTER NOT BE IN IT!!!

It's an unbelievable hive mind of toxicity in that sub.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  25. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Part 1 and Part 2 are both amazing. Pumped for the HBO series. Definitely buying the remake for PS5.

Gnarly Charlie and Helloelloallo like this.