Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last of Us Part II (PS4, June 19, 2020) Video Game • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by johnnyferris, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Interestingly enough I switched up my playstyle a lot the last hour in that base. Did a lot of trap setting, and bow killing. Plus the chained up infected came in handy, and I actually didn’t use the silenced machine gun that much.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  2. Cameron Jul 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2020)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just finished. I have never had such an emotional reaction to a game, and yes I realize this game has problems. ND overall are not a good company for the way they treat their employees, the review bombing was bad on both sides good/bad, and yeah the last act wasn’t really necessary. Though I adored this game. The level design, combat, exploration, world building etc. This is the type of story driven game to really make me feel for the character. I loved Abby, and Levs interactions. Like others have said that whole island/Haven escape section was insane. The moment Abby gets tied up, and we meet the siblings was a straight up Children of Men moment that continued to the island climax. Both Abby, and Ellie are extremely flawed. Though that’s what makes them work especially in the context of this fucked up world.

Also now staring at the start screen with Abby’s/Lev’s boat on the beach of Catalina island makes me so warm.

9.5/10

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Wow what a game. Just finished last night. The haven section was bonkers.

4. williek311

Is there any making of stuff coming out for this?

5. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

There’s an official podcast

6. williek311

7. bodkins

Trusted

8. williek311

I always try to stealth this game but at the end I just said fuck it and thought maybe I should’ve just been completely brutal. It was fun just wrecking shop.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honestly the attempted stealth was really what I loved about the combat. I was in a groove when I could take down a few enemies without being noticed, but the game gets good when I’m forced to use all my ammo/resources in a pinch.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

nothing is more satisfying than blasting someone charging you with a shotgun

SpyKi likes this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Everything just looks like it fuckin HURTS in this game. I winced every time I got someone with a mine/explosive arrow and they just explode.

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

shotgun blast to a clickers dome is so brutal

phaynes12 likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm gonna sound like a psycho probably but the combat feels really visceral and realistic and I loved it

14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It was very visceral; I think knives/melee weapons are much worse than guns when it comes to gore in video games/movies etc. But in all honesty the violence was cool as hell in this game lol - the first time I got someone with the explosive arrows I was like "....ahh...ahh jeez:embarrassed:" lol

shea and mescalineeyes like this.
  15. shea

RIP Supporter

“Holy shit part of him stuck to the ceiling”

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. phaynes12

i was stuck in a corner of a house with no ammo so i took the two proximity mines i had and placed them on both doors leading into the room. a dog ran into one (door was open) and got blown into the ceiling. a dude opened the door into the other and knocked the door off it’s hinges. shit ruled. i got two bullets.

johnnyferris and shea like this.
  17. williek311

I always try to go stealth as much as possible but using your arsenal full tilt is pretty satisfying.

18. phaynes12

i fully agree usually. however it was right after i got the bow and arrow and was trying to use it and missed. they were onto me for like 20 minutes. really sucked.

19. williek311

Prior to any leaks or anything did anybody know that lev was transgender?

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I don’t believe so

21. phaynes12

no, just seemed like people speculating about abby

22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

i'm at the history museum right now. how far into the game am I?

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Not very. When you go to Save it'll tell you your play time. I think most people will finish at 20-25 hours.

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Roughly 30% through - I Think that's chapter 15 and there are 46 overall!

25. williek311

Oh man I never saw that. I don’t think I ever saved the game just put it in rest mode lol. I wonder how long it took me because it felt longer than 25 hours