Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last of Us Part II (PS4, June 19, 2020) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by johnnyferris, Jun 12, 2018.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Sequel to the critically acclaimed The Last of Us from 2013. First announced at Playstation Experience 2016, the sequel recently showed some incredible gameplay at E3 2018.

My most anticipated anything at the moment

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah this was my favourite E3 presentation. I'm so hyped for this game.

3. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Still no word on release right? I’m not expecting anything before fall 2019

4. johnnyferris

No confirmed release date, but hopefully a 2019 one. TLOU was definitely pushed back the first time and was released in June, 2013

5. Most anticipated all time

johnnyferris likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

This calls for a replay of TLOU. Such an outstanding game .

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I gotta play Left Behind, feel like it will probably give some important development for Ellie that will add to the experience of Part 2.

8. shea

RIP Supporter

I am so goddamn excited for this.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Someone during the panel today asked when it’s going to be released they said they aren’t going to announce anything until it’s close to being done and coming out and they are nowhere near that right now

10. johnnyferris

Take as much time as you need Naughty Dog

11. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

bumping this 16 months later to say that I beat the first one on grounded yesterday and it was quite the experience. some parts were infuriating but it was really rewarding overall.

PandaBear! and flask like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My birthday!!!!

13. hyped

14. johnnyferris

I regret watching the trailer but FUCKING HYPED

15. GBlades

Trusted

I watched the trailer and went to play The Last of Us and then realised it's going to be free with Ps Plus in October!

16. shea

RIP Supporter

Fuck fucking yes

17. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I have been searching for news about this day religiously for months and am so excited now! I think in all honesty, this may be the most hyped I've ever been for any form of media. I will be taking the day off work, pre-ordering, and downloading immediately at midnight to get started.

My biggest problem now is going to be staying away from analysis of the trailer. I am 100% positive that the whole thing is a big misdirection on plot and what we think we're being shown, is not what we're being shown at all (clever edits, things that are implied but not shown). I LOVE reading theories about shows/movies/games etc normally but in this case, I think I'm going to stop and go in blind. In Naughy Dog I trust!

GBlades likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

It is definitely a huge misdirection. I'm not sure who was shot, is Joel even real?! What is actually going on!?

19. johnnyferris

Neil Druckman is too intelligent for that to be taken for what it is. I’m not watching or reading anything in depth analysis about it

20. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

unsubscribed from the TLOU subreddit to try to avoid all the speculation and rumors/theories. apparently they're going to be announcing/releasing more stuff tomorrow for Outbreak Day? but it's probably just going to be a playstation theme or avatar. if it's another trailer (which I doubt), I'm going to avoid it. if it's a multiplayer trailer, I might watch.

I kind of regret watching the trailer as well. I do agree that it's a misdirection, but they gave more information than I was anticipating.

I'm finally attempting to 100% the first game. just need to finish the multiplayer campaign as a firefly and finish all the tasks for Left Behind as well as beat it on grounded.

johnnyferris likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm worried that it's actually Joel who gets killed and Ellie is going to avenge him. I'm going to be super bummed if that's the case

22. shea

RIP Supporter

I thought this too but in the original reveal trailer it looks like whatever happens to her has already happened and he’s there with her in the house..unless it’s like a hallucination or I’m remembering it wrong or something..lol

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

Need to do another Grounded+ run before this releases

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

TLOU one of only 2 games I've ever 100% on PS4. Grounded and Grounded+ I must have died about 250 times on each :crylaugh:
    Everyone rightly says the part with Ellie in the cabin with David is hard as hell but the sniper part was unreal, only part I had to use a Youtube video to guide me.

25. johnnyferris

Started another playthrough of the first game yesterday. Despite playing it 6-7 times I’ve yet to attempt Grounded. I definitely want to at some point.

They did say there was going to be more gameplay footage with Outbreak Day